Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it looks like Mr. Gund has sold the team.

Hmmm, didn't I mention something about Gund not being owner much longer a few months ago? Nobody ever bothered to play out the scenario that would have kept Carlos in Cleveland, (meaning how many players would we have had to renounce etc...).

I think with the team secretly for sale there was no way Carlos was going to get a big payout from Gund.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If somehow we had kept Carlos Boozer, would we still have made the trade for Drew Gooden?

The reason I ask is the "throw in" named Varejao is an absolute dream to watch play. I said this from the first minute of the first game I saw him play in.

He reminds me of the lead character in "Breaking Away", the guy who thinks he's Italian and talks with an Italian accent. Varejao pretends to be a lighter, more athletic version of Carlo Boozer! Gooden has also done a good imitation of Boozer also. My only fear for Varejao is that eventually, a group of "nasty Italian bicycle racers" ( you need to see Breaking Away to understand the reference) will team up on him and intentionally hurt him. [img]mad.gif[/img]

I've never witnessed a team bounce back from the loss of a player like Boozer as fast as the Cavs have.

I just don't know when this "Master plan" was put in place, if it was known before Boozer was let go that these two guys were coming to Cleveland.

I am of the opinion that this wasn't known, but that doesn't lessen the importance of the move. It's just that Paxson literally pulled a rabbit out of his hit by getting both Gooden and Varejao in the same trade.

I would rather watch Varejao play than Boozer. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Does that mean I was wrong about Boozer? Naw, I think he was a blue collar guy with a bit of a foofy ego about "being the man". I think Boozer was worth what he got and if we had started the season with Boozer instead of Gooden and Varejao, we would be something like 25-5 right now.

HOWEVER, by the end of this season, this team will be farther along if Varejao and Gooden continue to improve then we would have been with Boozer.

Boozer would have brought a certain stability to this team, instead Cavs management has actually created the potential for a much higher ceiling with the group that they put on the floor this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12