Thread: Mr. Selig, Lets Review the World Series Homefield Advantage Rule...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I just can't fathom St. Louis not having the home field advantage when they won the most games in either league this past season.

On the surface I like the idea of the All Star Game having some meaning by giving World Series home field advantage to the winner of the All Star Game, but suddenly I want some exclusions.

I don't think the Wild Card Team in the A.L. should get home field advantage over a N.L. team with the best record in all of baseball.

I also wonder why interleague play is not considered in the equation. Perhaps make it the All Star Game victor and which league has the better interleague play record. If those two cancel each other out, anyone got an idea for the tiebreaker?

Otherwise, I'd at the very least not allow the wild card team to ever have home field advantage over a non wild card team from the other league.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, since it was a sweep I guess it wasn't controversial

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Naw, it's even more controversial. Game one could easily gone to St. Louis if it had been played in St. Louis. St. Louis made some severe baserunning mistakes in the late innings in at least one of the Boston hometown games.

If your point is both teams got two games apiece so it was a moot point, I think Boston got a push from winning the first two games after winning four in a row from New York and the series might have turned out differently if St. Louis had had homefield advantage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's true. Don't get me wrong, I was hoping Boston would lose. Bunch of asshats on that team.