Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

If the Red Sox win the championship, it would never have happened without David Ortiz and Dave Roberts base running heroics when the Red Sox were trailing 3 games to zero and then 3 games to one in the World Series against the Yankees.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, what a strange 8th inning (I'd already posted this topic well before Manny has his two error inning). Two Manny Ramirez errors, (I was worried he may have injured himself o the second error, his spikes got stuck in the ground and he stopped instantly) and some incredibly bad baserunning by the Cardinals.

I can't figure out how the Cards weren't on second and third after Manny's first error. Manny bobbled the ball and the runner at third headed for home, Manny made a good throw to home but Cedeno (who was already at second) didn't advance on the throw home.

I know Cedeno is the tying run and he doesn't want to make the second out of the inning at third, however Cedeno should have easily been safe AND even if he did make the second out at third, the runner at first would have gone to second, so ther still would have been a runner at second with two outs.

Instead of runners on second and third, there were runners on first and second, so on Manny's second error, only one run scored instead of two.

Really weird inning. I think Manny may have hurt himself just by the way his sliding catch attempt was thwarted by his spikes sticking into the grass. Nothing was said. As a matter of fact, the announcers did a poor job because they didn't explain what actually happened to Manny and his spikes, and how close Manny came to severly injuring himself.