I posted the following on fanhome Boston earlier this year....

Alexy
(4/9/06 2:46:06 am)
Varitek hits the wall hard in Baltimore. It made me wince to see it.

I never noticed that hard brick wall behind home plate until ESPN sportsnews showed Jason Varitek sliding into it. It doesn't seem right to me that ballplayers playing the game the right way should risk a severe injury.

The back wall should be made out of something that looks like brick but gives a little. Varitek may be tough but I didn't see any give when his knee hit that brick wall and I'll be surprised if he is completely OK.

Yes he played but sometimes those type of hurts don't show up until the next day. If Varitek is OK, he barely escaped damaging his knee.

Stillwater
Administrator
(4/9/06 11:25:02 am)

Varitek hits the wall hard in Baltimore. Please use the game thread for in-game observations.

closed

---------------------------------------

Not's revealed that Varitek has had knee problems for much of the season.

----------------------------------------

I got banned from Cleveland Indians fanhome forum because I referred to Ozzie Guillen as a "****** " because he beaned Travis Hafner last year.

Since then Ozzie has berated at least two relievers for NOT hitting an opposing player AND Ozzie had the same pitcher BEAN Travis again this year.

I wanted attention drawn to Ozzie so that his beaning exploits would be publicized to the point where he actually considered not doing them.

What kind of people actually supress the comments of others when those thoughts were simply for the purpose of reporting ideas for others to consider.

----------------------

When I reported on fanhome Boston that Coco Crisp HBP the night before was the first time in over 1800 at bats and that that might be a record, the topic post was DELETED within one hour of being posted and the moderator justified it by saying no one had responded to the topic and that it wasn't interesting.

Breaking the record for most at bats to start a career before being hit by a pitch not worthy of a topic post, yeah right.

This type of censorship is not appreciated, that's for sure.