Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HSU Signs 10 new players!

Holy cow! Kinder signs 10 new players for next season! Most of them are transfers of some sort so you would assume that they would expect to be playing. It looks like a couple are high school kids so maybe they will red shirt. I would say that Davis will not be returning and we lost 4 seniors, so there is 5 spots. I can't imagine what they will do with all these guys! Here is the TS story.

Lumberjacks load up on talent for 2010-11 basketball season - Times-Standard Online

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: HSU Signs 10 new players!

4 players that have played D-I ball to go w/ Morris, Baxter, Spada, et al...LOTS of talent. Now can the coaches blend that talent into a championship squad?

1. Brandon Sperling
    - This is the SECOND time Brandon has signed a letter to play for the Jacks. He's going to add some tremendous athleticism on the wing and strong defensive pressure on the perimeter. After a couple of years @ Fresno State, he's primed to be a difference maker for HSU.

http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-b...brandon00.html
    http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/04/12/...tate-mens.html

Watch the TV news piece on Brandon leaving FSU...
    http://www.ksee24.com/sports/9072255...?video=pop&t=a

091119193704IMG 8564a

2. Marcus Hall
    - An athletic sophomore that appears to be similar to Sperling in size and ability on the wing. Big-time #'s in high school and was a significant player as a freshman @ CSU Bakersfield.

2f2011dd 6037 de11 a973 001cc494dda6 original

3. Bo Henning - Another player w/ HUGE #'s in high school, averaging 28 ppg as a junior and 24 as a senior in high school. He played very little his freshman year @ Cal Poly averaging only about 9 minutes per game, but was a leader last season @ Yuba College.

get image?provider id768&ampsize550x550 mb&ampptp photo id7412291

4. Randy Hunter
    - The leading rebounder and third leading scorer on a JC team that went 29-3 and was top-ranked or near the top all season. At 6' 6" he has a similar body to Kevin Atkins and likely has a similar game. He'll likely play a big role this season for the Jacks.

MBB Hunter

5. Mat Lipski - The backup to Morris that was missing last season. At 6' 9" and 270 pounds, Lipski will fill that role well. In a scrimmage last season between CR and HSU, Lipski performed very well against Morris, showing his ability against quality opposition. Using Mat to back up Morris will allow Brian to play more aggressively as well, knowing Lipski will be there for him.

20100526  sports bkc hsu recruits 26 GALLERYa
    [I][B]"It's cute how they have Pack the Gym night. Up here, we just call that Saturday."[/B] - PosseBoy[/I]
    [B][I] "(Humboldt) is a college basketball atmosphere."[/B] - Scott Mossman, GCU coach[/I]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: HSU Signs 10 new players!

6. C. J. Morgan - Another D-I guard from UOP. Didn't play last season...bio at UOP says he had a back injury. Apparently that was a serious problem for him. Hopefully his injury has healed and he will be able to be a solid contributor at the guard spot this season. He has deep range and will hurt teams if they collapse on Morris in the post.

Player Bio: C.J. Morgan - PACIFIC OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

7. Andrew Torres - A freshman that brings many credentials to the table. He will most likely redshirt, IMO, considering all the players ahead of him. Still, he is a very nice addition and will be a key contributor in the future of HSU hoops. It'll be interesting to see if he plays himself into the rotation as a freshman.

http://www.wavenewspapers.com/sports/95439484.html

008 filtered1 232x300

8. Scott Clark - Another JC guard that will compete to PT next season. Ohlone was one of the top JC teams in the state, and Scott was a key contributor.

Clark is heading north

ncpscottclark041210
    [I][B]"It's cute how they have Pack the Gym night. Up here, we just call that Saturday."[/B] - PosseBoy[/I]
    [B][I] "(Humboldt) is a college basketball atmosphere."[/B] - Scott Mossman, GCU coach[/I]