Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Smackhead:

Snow is worried that a well written FAQ would be objected to by Scott! If that's not bad I don't know what is. Scott should be praising people like Snow who put hours and hours into his business. Instead Scott complains that Snow is revealing SG secrets or doesn't like it when Snow points out that the official guide is rubbish. Perhaps it is because Snow is pointing out flaws in the game? Perhaps Scott doesn't want to take the time to correct the flaws? Scott should recognize Snow for his hardwork, not complain.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">thats bullshit scott has to protect his product and if theres a how to manual that anyone can follow and basically play like an experienced pro cause they have read it then where is the fun in learning from experience, you shouldnt be able to just know everything

its like a formula everything in Simgalaxy is based on a formula if each formula is figured out then all you have to do is follow them and youd never lose never make a mistake and the game would be boring cause you would know every possible outcome and be able to dictate them

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just like when we all figured out the trianing formulas from way back when ... scott had to redesign the game again

thats a lot of work on his part so i am sure he isnt to happy when new things are brought out to the attention of all

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sure he has the right. And I have a right to not give him a dime of my money. He's a businessman, or purports to be. You don't become succesful when you treat your customers in this manner. So his 'reward' system has failed to reward the L31 champion in 2 out of the last 3 years. L31 is one of his top 2-3 leagues. I've been a customer for 7 seasons (8 if you count my year in L2). Our league currently has 29 subscribed owners. It's just bad business.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are missing the point ...

You were not subscribed when you won your championship you said that yourself ... the free season is only given if the league has 25 or more subscribed teams at the time of the championship and your team is subscribed as well when you win it all.

Each time you have won it you have only had one or the other but not BOTH!

I mean should he just give it to you because you have been here for so long or because you do so much for this league? You contribute so much and you are a main reason this league is as good as it is but each league has a person that loves to do so much more than is required or asked for but that doesnt mean they should be given special treatment or extra stuff when they didnt in fact earn it under the rules.

If he gives you the free season when you didnt have BOTH rules then what happens in another league when their are 24 subscribed teams ... I mean that guy is close to shouldnt he get it? You do it for one you will have to do it for all!

Sorry man i just dont see how you are right on this issue ... you knew the rules and what it took to get a free season and you didnt have them both ... I mean you won it all thats the main thing the free season is just a bonus that is good if you get it and "oh well" if you dont.

FT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sour grapes [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, I'm being insulted by a twinkie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where's my free subscriptions? I've arguably done a lot more for SimGalaxy than Smackhead has. Where's my freebie? I won two league championships in league 1 of football. There were not enough subscribed teams so I never once complained about it. If I didn't get a free subscription, then why should Smackhead? Yes, I did create the first chat room. It was popular, too, but then MSN changed to pay chat, and that was that. Where's my free subscription? L2 is almost 100% subscribed. Why? Because I tried to get people to sign up on a daily basis. I coaxed and persuaded some of the best and most interesting people in SimGalaxy to sign up for L2. Now it's been almost 100% subscribed ever since subscriptions started being sold. Where's my free subscription? Three of the SImGalaxy message boards I designed to make them look interesting and a little different. One won message board of the month, and the other was runner up. Where's my free subscription? The reason I didn't get a free subscription is beacuse I didn't earn it. There is certain criteria that has to be met in order to receive the free "bonus" that it is. Bonus, not entitlement. Is it Scott's fault that Smackhead procrastinated? No. People look to fix blame on others as quickly as they can. What ever happened to being a man and taking responsibilty for one's self? Think of it as a cheap lesson. Don't let your subscription run out if you plan to keep playing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the biggest problem i see here is it seems that smack thought he would get the free season and therefore didnt subscribe knowing that if he got hte free one he wouldnt need to for another 3 months, then when he didnt his plan was thwarted and felt the need to complain ... that is how it appears whether or not it was that way no one can prove but that is the perception given

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are right thats what i felt when i first read his post yesterday however i didnt bother to mention all that because their were to many other valid points to point out .. like he didnt earn it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who just posted using Z account???? That was far to logical, selfdepricating and sensible to have been Z. But whoever it was, is correct, if you want to be a long term part of this simgalaxy community, subscribe!

dicky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12