Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so here is what i thought:

1. Scott gives us draft order list
    2. Everyone has draft list excel sheet
    3. We log into our team to see who is already on our roster

I will then create a topic and draft team #1 will post a reply with the players name, and draft number (the one on the left for easy finding) in his reply.

Then each GM with each pick after that will post their picks in a reply one by one in order ....

This will allow each GM to see who has been picked ahead of them and make it easier to pick for themselves.

Once all four rounds and 128 players have been picked the topic will be closed and Scott will use it to place each player on each team.

Now what do you think about that

And what ideas do we have for people changing picks ....

a. do we say once you reply with a pick you are stuck with it or do you get to change it up to a certain date however that will take a lot of work and time

I just dont want to see #5 pick and then a week later he switches it up and #6 thru #50 have to go back thru and change it

So should it be that you can take your time to pick but once you do and put it in reply its final??????

on a side note i think this should be neat to see some trades happening for money, picks or future draft picks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once the picks are made, they damn well are made and cant be changed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once they are made they can't be changed, that would be impossible to manage.

We might also have to think about a time limit for each pick??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

why dont we all email our lists to scott and he can place the players like last time,

so for example we all email scott our first round picks put as many players as is needed to guarantee you have picked ie if your picking at 31 put 31 players down etc etc

that way the picks are annoymous and cant be edited etc

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I think you need to allow a couple of days from when we can access the team before the draft starts.
    I agree with Leo that there should be a time limit. But what if someone is out of town or can not access their computer? What happens then? Do they get next player available like in the regular draft if you have none of your selections available?
    We might want to agree on this before it starts.
    I think Fasttracker referred to this draft being like the one in another league - how did it work in that one?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what about doing it in groups of ten picks... that way we dont need to make a massive list each time. either way i dont really mind. are we still waiting on one more person??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lists are good but the great thing about drafting one at a time is you get to see who has already been taken. Maybe for those who feel they might not be able to meet any deadline they could email a list to FT who would then draft on their behalf if they breached the limit. (Assuming he is happy to do that of course. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. I got douglass to join so he makes 31 and Im working on 32 right now as well (a guy from league six) so we will know in the next day if he makes 32 or not.

2. Two reason's why I suggested the draft on the forum:

a. it takes a ton away from Scott to have to do. The league is ours so if we can do as much as possble on our own it only makes it easier on Scott. That league 25 draft took a lot of his time and if we can compile all four rounds here and then give it to him complete he would be able to get it done faster for us.

b. it adds something to the game for us. It hasnt been done and like someone above said its neat to see the guy above you pick. Its like the real draft where when you have a chance you get to log into the forum and see who else draft and then make your pick.

3. Doing it on the forum also allows teams that dont log in for a day or so to still have a chance to pick ... we are in no hurry but doing stuff by email back and forth to scott takes a lot of time and things can get messy.

GENTLEMENS LEAGUE

Now about three of our rules are going to be hard to manage and maintain because they are not set within the code of the game however like those we are trusting everyone to have integrity and honesty when the play within the league so i dont see why we cant do the same for draft picking.

Each GM has enough time to make a decision and when they do they are stuck with it so each GM after can make a pick of their own .... i really dont think anyone will change their picks and if they do doesnt that show us right now that they prob. would do the same for our rules within the league ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would really like to draft one at a time. I don't think it will go as slow as some people might think. We will all submit a wishlist prior to each round so that if we do happen to take too long we still get a player we like. Is that a good compromise?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like one at a time also .... just makes it more real life i guess

and we are in no rush ... i know we want this to start but i mean we have no time limit set upon us

... plus i think it will go fast as well ith the occasional slow down for one or two GMs being at work or what not ... the forum has really picked up since Xmas came and went

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast