Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i like that idea of a draft lottery a lot! not that we are likely to have too many tankers in the league but it would still add a bit of interest to the offseason for the non-playoff teams.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cast my vote for Balrog's idea - Have always prefered the draft to overpaying for Free Agents

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As the owner of 3 future first round draft picks, I don't even come close to liking the concept of changeing the way the draft is determined.

-- As for biding giving some teams a slight advanatge? You don't know how to place a good bid for a FA? Don't know who is expendable on that roster of yours?

I would have gone with EVERY player available for bids. But I do like the 4 rounds of drafting.

-- Please no more changes to the basic make up of the league, until we have at least played some seasons....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For whats its worth, I like Balrogs idea as well.

Its not that I dont like the concept of bidding wars, and managers having to determine how much, and how long, they want to pay a player.

My trouble is that with so many players being available at the same day (and with the game-engine running from the top down), it will be absolutely random who you end up getting a hold off....I might want number 35 from the top down the most, but that doesnt mean that I can ignore the top 34 and place no bids on them.

Perhaps we could make the free-agent clear waivers on different days with, say 15 FA?s, clearing waivers every day....That would still give some FA-bidding wars, but there would be more control.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

20-30 at a time, and that sounds right on the money. Good idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like Graff's idea.....that is one of the problems with the bidding wars.....another is that it takes way to much time to scour a huge free agent list for who i want, I got way too much on my plater already.
    That is how others get an advantage. I am sure I am not the only one in this boat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think limiting the number of FAs available each day isa good idea. As long as it isn't limited too much. 15 would be way to few FAs available at once. That would give an advatage to some owners more then having too many available would. Restrict the number too much and those with the best capspace coming into FA biding have a leg up. then they can just work with their roster each day to take the cream each day - or at leats until they've had their fill.

but I agree that making 20-30 available at a time would make it easier for all of us, and still keep even those owners with great capspace, having to make decissions about who to take.

-- This is also coming from someone who should have a lot of capspace after the draft too... so it isn't to give me an upper hand. (I only have 2 second round picks for the itnial draft)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we should stay with 4 rounds of the draft with a FA bidding frnezy to follow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea of 6 rounds

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ill run some of this by Scott and see what he thinks

and the DRAFT LOTTERY idea will be started up again (discussion) prior to the start of the first game to get everyone's opinion and vote on it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast