Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Okay stumps finally logged in and looked at the forum and brought up a good point:

FROM STUMPS
    I think it also needs to be emphasised that if you put a guy with a contract greater than 0 years on the DL, and sign somebody to replace his salary, if you sign that replacement for any longer than 0 years you will not be able to adhere to the rules once your original player is healthy and must be either reactivated or released, unless you have equivalent salary worth of 0 year (ie droppable) guys. Everybody needs to be very careful of this, because it can create a situation where owners are forced to break one rule or another. How would we handle that?
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">FIRST A couple people may be confused about the issue of a player on more than 0 years of a contract being traded and staying on a team.

If you trade for a player with 1 or more years you will then have to keep that player just as if you signed him off the FA market.

SECOND On to what Stumps said ... what can we do about this issue. Is this all on the HONESTY of each GM.

1. Do we trust each GM that he knows the guy on the DL is only their due to injury and is still a team player so the guy off the FA MARKET to take his place will only be signed to 0YEAR so he can be released when the injured becomes un-injured.

2. Or what?

....... this is hard because its hard to monitor and control if a GM does it wrong or on purpose. However i think the group of guys we have right now is a good core of honest players that understand what the league is trying to do.

....... with that said does anyone else have an opinion on this

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Injury Replacements need only be signed to zero year deals... the equivalent of the NBAs 10 day contracts. It will be tricky though and I imagine a few people will get caught out initially.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Replacement players should be signed to 0 year contracts. We will just have to be sure as teams begin to rollover that all the new owners are aware of all the "rules" that we have all agreed to...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well we shouldnt see any new teams for about a year and a half [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Livermore Leapers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Replacement FAs should only be signed to 0 year contracts, unless the GM plans on keeping both players if there is room.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I do think it will easy to inadvertently violiate one of these rules. We will just have to see how it goes. I have had a case in league 1 where I picked up a replacement player who played so well I kept him and he is now a starter. I think with the new rules, I would sign replacements to 0 yr and leave cap room in case I decide to keep one

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awareness to the scenario needs to be paid attention to. It would be nice to see a "press-release" when someone moves a player to the DL, with the basic scenario of how they intend to deal with it mentioned:

Jack Spratt is going to the DL for 8 days. The Horse Thieves will persue hiring a FA for the duration of the healing.

Frank Cutter will be placed on the Dl list. The Frogmeisters will be hiring a FA, and intend to drop sam PLanks, when Cutter heals.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I like the press release idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i do as well but it would take the effort of all GMs to make it work

the big thing about this league and the rules we are trying to use is mass and complete participation

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, my feeling -- it's better to have people willingly giving head's up press reales type info about moves. Rather then peopel policing.

and Policing is sure to happen regardless. But I am sure we all would like to keep things very very gentleman.

If you take the 5min to address your intentions in a quick press release, it's going to be appreciated by everyone in the league, as well as increase activity. Not to mention it may help you sort out what you need to do. Peopel that make team threads know exactly what I'm tlaking about there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast