Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it's funny this was brought up...i was going to bring it up, myself after it hit me about the potential problem. i guess we'll have to keep an eye on it.

what happens if someone violates the rules or makes a mistake?? how do we correct and/or penalize the team?

you know, we wouldn't have this damn problem if we didn't have guaranteed contracts =)

are more complications what we really want/need since we're just starting up and especially if it's not written into the game code? i'm just bitchy over the guaranteed contract issue, i guess...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think that this is likely to be a huge issue since it only occurs when all the following occur simultaneously:

A. Player is on the DL.
    B. Owner signs a FA to more than a 0-year deal that puts the total salary over the cap.
    C. There are not enough 0-year players on the roster to release to get team salary back under the cap.

In my opinion, as soon as someone recognizes that all that has occurred, the offending owner should be required to immediately cut the newly-signed player. This would undo the problem as much as possible, and the only real penalty would be losing the player while the guy being replaced is still injured. The only people getting hurt in the scenario are anyone else who bid on the FA and anyone who played the team who signed the illegal FA before the error was caught.

I do think that whatever is decided should be a hard and fast rule -- if you accidently sign a FA to a multi-year deal that puts you over the cap and the only 0-year player that can be cut is your best guy: too bad, he has to be cut since it's the only legal option.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it's funny this was brought up...i was going to bring it up, myself after it hit me about the potential problem. i guess we'll have to keep an eye on it.

what happens if someone violates the rules or makes a mistake?? how do we correct and/or penalize the team?

you know, we wouldn't have this damn problem if we didn't have guaranteed contracts =)

are more complications what we really want/need since we're just starting up and especially if it's not written into the game code? i'm just bitchy over the guaranteed contract issue, i guess...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this is gonna get sticky, i think. there should be a rule for everyone but i have a feeling someone's gonna screw up the salary numbers or make an honest mistake and then things'll get ugly if someone is forced to drop a player of consequence.

remember, this is a new rule that's not even written in the code. if it's not written in the code...should it even be a rule?? i see the potential for too many problems.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You cant go over the cap

As per one of the changes everyone wanted (or 97% wanted) no team can go over the cap except when new draft picks are added to their team by the computer at the start of the season

Scott changed the 0.10% over the cap to 0.00% ... so now you cant go over for any reason. this will affect GMs when they need a FA for an injured player and when they want to make a trade

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wait, so do guys on the IR still count against the cap? is that what you're saying? i'm sooo confused...

Inactive Member Livermore Leapers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So you cant make a trade that involves a 0 year player to make a trade even out and it puts one of the teams over the cap and then drop him? Sometimes a player needs to be put in a trade like that so the "commish" wont say "try making a trade that is more even", we all have had to do that at 1 time or another. If thats the case then maybe trade restrictions should be taken out of this league because sometimes if you want a player or want to get rid of a player your willing to give/get less to do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HARDCAP.

Treat anything over $60mil as your saftey cushion and you'll be fine. if you keep yourself tight to the hardcap you will not be able to make moves very easily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12