Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so how long do we wait for him?? i wouldnt be concerned if he had logged into his teams lately but its been a while.... anyway, up to you tracker

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think 72 hours is more than sufficient. Was everyone emailed and should know about the draft? Maybe do a roll call. Start up a thread and if like 28 different people in L40 post, he should be skipped and can make up his pick at any point. any thoughts on this suggestion?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd say a 24 hour clock in the future. But not for livermore, they are most likely out of town, or offline atm, since they haven't logged in since the 28th.

They have no idea the draft is even happening, expecially at the pace we have been moving. So now that we are here, it's not like we can blindside him and rush past him. We all want to draft, but we also have to acknowledge the way the draft has started.

Skiping Livermore at this point, without any warning to him (he may not be able to even recieve his E-mail) doesn't sound like an option. In the future picks, if everyone agrees with it, we could go to a clock of sorts. Anything less then 24hours is an impossibility though, due to different time zones and log in times. And 24 hours is pushing it.

Warning that they will be up shortly should go out to the next ten picks, that way they can be prepared, and check in more frequently. Most likely Picks will be made in rather large chunks.

I doubt Livermore will pick before the weekend, sorry to say.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

24 hrs is too narrow without alternatives.
    In case this gets rolling really fast, just so everyone knows, I will be out of pocket Thu afternoon through Sun afternoon. I have no 7 pick so I would not pick until Mon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So what do we do if Livermore never turns up?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To tell you the truth, I was not even aware that the draft had started and I am the third pick. I was under the impression that we were going to start on Feb. 8th. Maybe Livermore is the same way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, understand also that when it comes time for me to pick, I have a tendency to do a lot of traveling on weekends, and it is a rare bird indeed when I am anywhere near a computer on weekends... As a result, if my picks come up on a weekend, the odds that I will be around to actually make those picks in a timely manner are exceedingly low...

However, for the most part, during the week I will be around to pick...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kidpreacher:
    To tell you the truth, I was not even aware that the draft had started and I am the third pick. I was under the impression that we were going to start on Feb. 8th. Maybe Livermore is the same way.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">That was the deadline to be ready but if everyone was signed up we would start before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think 24 hours may be too short of a deadline, but 48 hours should be more than enough.

There is a very simple solution around people going away for the weekend. If you go away for the weekend, send FT a list of players that you would want to draft by order of preference. That should be easy enough.

For those that don't send a list AND miss their deadline, then I suggest that the top available player on the free agency list is who that team drafts.

I think these are good solutions so that no one gets screwed. You have to remember that there are 31 other people in this league that you are affecting that want to get started.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe 24 Hours from the time the last person picked is plenty of time You start Going over 24 Hours and The first round alone will take more than 32 days to complete. People will start getting unintersted if this thing drags out 90-100 days of just the first years draft. Personally I belive we can do the whole first round in a week