Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

chicago will be looking to try and keep that big creep, "the crow", under wraps. inside sources say the search & destroyers may try and rough him up during the game...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GUMMERS FIRST WEEK SHOWS PROMISE
    by Sam Swivell (Edmond Sun, March 26)

The new team in town has played seven games during there first week of existence and the jury is not, I repeat, not out. The Blackjack Gummers are exciting, drawing fans, and have the best player in the league. To many, 4 up and 3 down is an OK record, but when the wins come at home, its an added benifit. "We want to do better on the road but I'll take these wins at home. The attendance is very good and I attribute that to a winning product at home. We have had three home games and two have been sellouts while the other brought out over 20 thousand fans. That's a good start," said Gummer GM Fred Pahlke. With a blend of older veteran players and young inexperienced ones, Blackjack can lay claim to one of the first bigtime stars of the league in the name of Trever Harcrow. Harcrow is an exceptional player. A 26 year old Chickasaw Indian from New Orleans, via South Alabama Univ., Harcrow is a dominating center that has the touch of a fine shooting guard and the muscle of the roughest dude on the court. "Trev" was an good, but not a great player in college. He spent the last three years in Germany, playing with the Euroleague team Hamburg, and has developed into a premeir professional post man. "I learned to use my body with the proper spacing in the post game in Germany. I also developed a nasty attitude that goes well with my Indian heritage. Nobody is tougher on the court than me. I might not be the best player on the court by I don't think anyone wants a piece of me," Harcrow said. The Gummers have showed during this past week that for whatever happens this year, it won't be dull.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CHICAGO SEARCHED AND DESTROYERS SUNK
    BJE Uses Stamina to Win First Road Game 94-90

Blackjack used enough of the inside outside game tonight to defeate chicago in the Windy City 94-90 in front of 52,862 disapointed fans. The Gummers used a suprising 3 point barrage to come from a 6 point deficet in the final quarter to post the win. A twisting slam by Vance Wolaver with 2:22 left in the game put the Gummers on top 90-88 and the visitors never trailed after that. "We beat them inside with our superior post play by both Trever (Harcrow) and Niebuhr (Jose) all night long. That opened up our perimeter players to pop some three's on them. They had a time trying to shut us down. Our starters carried us tonight. They have so much stamina that we tired their starting five out. It was our first road win ever and we are excited about getting it against them," said coach Bement.
    Trever Harcrow scored 21 points and pulled down 17 boards with 8 assists. "Trever continues to get it done. "He is simply a Hummer in the post. Big and strong" said the coach.

Notes: Home tongiht with a 2-6 Vancouver team. Vancouver is having management troubles but the Gummers say they won't overlook the Kings. "Dangerous. They are dangerous. We have to be ready for anything with them," Bement commented. "They have a great center but he is not playing right now...don't know why."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gummers Gain 6th Win 90-83
    Vancouver Falls

BJE used a steller performance by Trever Harcrow to win its third straight game, defeating Vancouver by 7, 90-83 at the Gummer Stadium in front of 30,388. Harcrow had is usual double double with 26 and 18. He also had a team record high 8 blocks in the win. "Vancouver isn't the best team we will play but it was tough neverless. They have heart and it was a struggle in beating them. I don't relish going to Vancouver. That is a tough group," said Gummer Coach Lloyd Bement.

Notes: Road game with Outland. The Gummers go for their 4th straight win against the Knights. BJC is 2-3 on the road this year. Trever Harcrow continues to be the front runner for POY. He is both the top scorer and rebounder in the league. With 8 blocks last night, Harcrow is now 6th in that catagory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Road Not To Kind To BJE

Outlands Knights put the Gummers out last night in fine fashion 102-86 in the War Memorial before over 40,000 fans. The Knights out shot and out rebounded BJE as the Gummers never could gain control of a comeback after falling behind 29-18 after the first 12 minutes. Trever Harcrow again led the Gummers with 23 points> Jose Neibuhr was the leading rebounder for BJE with 14 to go along with his 14 points. Not a good night for the good guys.

Notes: Doesn't get any easier with a home contest with Veneta (7-3). "We will have our hands full with that bunch. They play real good," said Asssitant Head Coach Billy Tubbs. As of today, a little over 10 thousand tickets remain for the game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gummers Defeat Dark Stars 79-71

"We simply played outstanding team defense. If you limit your opponets easy baskets and play solid defense you are always in the game. We were outstanding during the first three quarters and they really didn't have an answer to what were were doing. We can beat anyone if we play this way. At least we will be in every game. We have lost some games where we didn't play good defense. I hope this is a trend. We would like to get another road win tonight," commented head coach Lloyd Bement. The Gummers were led by Ricardo Solano with 16 points on 6 of 8 shooting. He also had 6 assists. Trever Harcrow was held in check for one of the few times this year. The leading scorer in the league had 12 points and 10 rebounds, but added 2 blocks and 2 steals to go with 2 assists. BJE is now 7 and 4 and is in 3rd in the Western Divison and 7th in the North Conference with a one game winning streak.
    Notes: With a sellout crowd against Veneta, the Gummers continue to be a league leader in attendance. Tonights game at Oz will not be easy and the Gummers are a 10 point underdog.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Blackjack Upsets OZ In League's Greatest Game

Be it only twelve days into the innagural season, Blackjack and OZ staged the greatest game in league history last night as the Gummers rode the 31 point production of Trever Harcrow to stun the Lollipop Guild 124 to 120 in the land over the rainbow. "Quite frankly, we rode that cowardly lion down the yellow brick road all the way to the the house of the wicked witch of the west and just plain beat the snot out of her," said Gummer coach Lloyd Bement smirkingly. "All those little midgets of OZ are in shock. They thought that Dorothy would save them. We beat them up too," said the happy coach. "OZ, and that Green City is a great place to play but I wouldn't want to spend another second there. It stinks of those winged monkies. We had to endure enough just to get there on that tornado. What a ride!"

Various records were set in the game. The most important one was that the Gummers now hold a 1 and 0 record against the OZ Guild lifetime.

Notes: The 8 game winning streak (Calif) is fixing to come to an end tonight in Edmond. That is if the Gummers catch the 5 AM balloon from Emerald City to Edmond.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Califorina Streak Continues as Sky Downs Gummers

It wasn't a good night for BJE as the California Golden Sky rode the 26 point production from Mr. Moura to defeat the Gummers 82-63 at Edmond in front of a sellout crowd. "Simply put, we couldn't generate any offense. Their man defense was too much for us," relayed losing coach Lloyd Bement. "That was the best defense we have gone against this year."

Notes: The Gummers go into Midland with an 8 and 5 record. Midland is 5 and 8. Solano is injured again and will miss tonights game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Quite frankly, we rode that cowardly lion down the yellow brick road all the way to the the house of the wicked witch of the west and just plain beat the snot out of her," said Gummer coach Lloyd Bement smirkingly. "All those little midgets of OZ are in shock. They thought that Dorothy would save them. We beat them up too," said the happy coach. "OZ, and that Green City is a great place to play but I wouldn't want to spend another second there. It stinks of those winged monkies. We had to endure enough just to get there on that tornado. What a ride!"

too funny!!
    nice work =)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Midland Nips Gummers 91-90

Jackson Madon's driving layup with one second to go gave the Midland Cowboys a 91-90 win over the Gummers last night in the West of the Pecos Complex. The sellout crowd rushed the floor after the dramatic finish as the Cowboys pushed their record to 6 and 8 while BJE fell to 8 and 6. Jose Niebuhr had game honors for the Gummers with 28 points and also pulled down 14 rebounds.

Coach Bements Comments: We didn't play all that bad. I put Sammy (Saez) in the starting lineup to give him some playing time and he did a good job running the offense. He showed us that we will have a steady point for the future. Trever had a bad shooting game (4-22) but he got good looks at the glass and I am not concerned. Our shooting as a team wasn't that good but we had many second shots and our offensive rebounding is outstanding. It was not a tough loss because we really didn't play that badly. We shouldn't let ourselves get so far behind early (15) but we will try to mix up our defenses to keep that from becoming a habit. Our team is in really good shape and I will try to push our starters a little more. We play best when we run.

Notes: Solano returns to the starting lineup. Ohio is also 8 and 6. Harcrow leads the league in scoring with a 23.1ppg. He is 4th in rebounding with a 13.0rpg. BJE had only 7 turnovers against Midland.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast