Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

grade the 1st round!

i'll have to take a closer look but i pretty much give everyone an A, (especially young, multi-positional players and the Cs taken)except for the following-

there were a couple players taken who are excellent but are slightly over 30 and make a pretty good chunk of change. i give those picks B's.

any team that picked a PG only player, i give a C. it's been my experience that PGs don't play much of an impact and i don't think it pays to pick them high and pay big money on that position. Cs and PFs seem to be the biggest difference makers in simgal (imo) and it's no coincedence that sooo many Cs have been snatched up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your grading is biased. You favor age over skill.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree, you are biased 31 isnt terribly old,
    and some people know how to make PG's work for them, ive seen them do well ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree to a point. I feel C's are the most important position - but I have seen too many succeed with great PGs.

I tend to marginalize SFs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My completely bias opinion... I like timbos picks so far and also dmbthoreaus if you take into account who he got early in the 2nd rd.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

awww shucks.... thanks leo, im happy with them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't rub it on, you used my pick and I'm regretting trading it to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't looked at the entire first round in detail, but it's tough to find fault with much that was done. Beyond that, given that there are so many philosophies on how to win in this game, I think it's unfair to say that drafting a particular position is a bad move. Personally, I prefer to have a PG to anchor my team, and I'm happy with the talent and age of Burlison. C's can dominate a game, but can often put up big points without fantastic vitals, while PG's without offensive skills are usually turnover machines. The position I put the least amount of emphasis on is SF, but there are offenses out there that get SF's lots of shots, if a GM decides to go in that direction. The second round should tell us more, and I have to say that DMBthoreau is off to a pretty good start.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny, some manager is saying that drafting a point guard is not really important. I feel and have evidence that multi-position players don't really help your team all that much. In L007 no team with a multi-position player as their star has one the championship. In fact only one owner, has even created a winning team with a tri-position player. I was hoping that more of you guys would take the pg/sg/sf's during the first couple rounds, thus leaving the real players to me.
    In fact, I would dare say that I don't like any multi-position players and have never had them work well for me. Even my starting pg in L007, though he is a multi-positional threat, has done nothing great.
    I dislike and see no benefit in having those types of players. Therefore in my opinion I would like everyone to take them, and I would grade anybody who thinks a PG is unessential to the game a big "F". I could parade before you a large amount of owners who would tell you that you are crazy. They would give their right arm for a PG who would at the very least stop turning the ball over 3 times a game.
    [img]wink.gif[/img] I don't think I really feel all that strongly about this subject, but it is just my opinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The advantage of taking a multi-position player in the first round is keeping your options open for the subsequent three rounds. What happens if I take a SG in the first round, and the clearly best available player in the next round when I'm picking is also a SG? If I got a SG/SF with my first pick, then I'd have the option to shift him to SF.

When you don't know what position your 2nd, 3rd and 4th best players will be, staying as flexible as possible with your 1st player is a pretty good move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast