Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Round 1
    1. Sydney Silverbacks- Stumps PICK: Frates, Augustus A++: This is a can't fail pick.

2. Vancouver Kings- Livermore PICK: Euell, Seymour A: Was going to give A+, but the low foul rating makes the most desireable Center in the draft "human".

3. Windsor Royals- Kidpreacher PICK: Madariaga, Garret A-: Love everything about this kid except for that atrocious Foul rating. he'll most likely be "protected" in KP's scheme, and Pgs don't get "picked on" by bad foul rating as bad as C or PF, which saves him from being a B+

4. Outlands Knights- Kayne PICK: Puluso, Lewis B+: Mr. vannila, but he's solid across the board and wil be able to serve as a workhorse

5. Townsville Crocodiles- Balrog PICK: Ursua, Olin B+: once again Foul Vital hurts an amazing player

6. Outlands Knights- Kayne PICK: Dahlen Orlando A: I don't have him on any spreedsheets, but 4Horsemen11 tells me he's solid

7. Midland Cowboys- Tall Tex PICK: Pasley, Hilario A: if he were a few years younger he'd be A+

8. Beaverton Blue Wave- johnpaul PICK: Peter Tetterton A-: bad foul rating on a big man

9. Hayward Lumberjacks- netteb16 PICK: Dwain Foucher A: could be the Center of the future

10. Hampton Roads Killer Bees- Douglass PICK: Antonio Loupe B+: both "higher" age and foul working against him

11. New Orleans Commodores- Greenwave PICK: Tristan Burlison A+: Starter at 25, 12+ years of the highest level left

12. Chicago Search & Destroy- sandman89 PICK: Rodrick Rosenbeck A-: great player who's going to have trouble finding efective court time, unless he's "protected"

13. Chapel Hill Cougars- The4Horsemen11 PICK: Tyrone Geiss A-: court time will be an issue with this talented player

14. Beaverton Blue Wave- johnpaul PICK: Edgardo Blandon B+: I could have taken either, foul issues OR slary... both make him an talented stumbling block

15. Blackjack Edmond Gummers- Ang777 PICK: Harcrow, Trevor A: very solid medium aged player who is very well rounded

16. Lundergaard Madder Hatters- Lundergaard PICK: Mowrey Forest B: Amazing "SF" with foul issues, and only one role he plays with 1/4 of a teams capspace going to him

17. Great Barrier Reefers- Tengu PICK: Keeran, Dee A: at 24 I wouldn't be too panicked by the hideous INJ vital. Injuries happen, and he should have time to bring it to fair

18. Footscray Warthogs- Timbo PICK: Sic, Clifford A he'd be A+: if he were 3 years younger

19. Melbourne Power- dickyKnee PICK: Brierly, Arron A he borders on A+: due to playing both forward positions, and having no glaring weaknesses at 25, but is missing top skills right now

20. Footscray Warthogs- Timbo PICK: Diniz, Homer A: can you say GUN?

21. Smithfield Cats- bondy PICK: Darrel Gangemi A+: great versitility incredible salary, he should also score from anywhere for stacks of points

22. Ho Ho City Polish Clowns- KingZster2 PICK: Wilson Kirchman A: really want to give this older player an A+, but between salary and coming in at the higher end for initial ages, he becomes "human"

23. Brisbane Bandits- rprodent PICK: Merrill Klemm A: he does it all, and does it all well

24. Townsville Crocodiles- Balrog PICK: Bryon Roupe A: sooo close to A+ it hurts. needs a tad polish

25. Ocala Mustangs- xan PICK: Jackson Priest A: real solid center

26. Siracusa Smugglers- slacker PICK: Basil Basanta A: I think I am getting close to "officialy" hating Leo... Bad Santa is "pure magic", and was supopsed to be my pick at 36. Evil Tengu would have taken him anyways if Leo hadn't "suggested" Basanta

27. Chapel Hill Cougars- The4Horsemen11 PICK: Ignacio Stanek A-: his age offsets his TERRIBLE foul rating a bit, and once again, Guards don't seem to generate as many fouls as the bigmen

28. California Golden Sky- dmbThoreau3 PICK: Josh Romelus A-: high salary for low minutes, but he should produce

29. Great Barrier Reefers- Tengu PICK: Teodoro Mcnairy A-: should be a beast, salary and age are almost a question

30. Ho Ho City Polish Clowns- KingZster2 PICK: Wagman, Kareem A: Appears Z is in "smash and grab mode" and really pushing for early gold

31. St Paul Timberpuppies- DaFreak PICK: Nathaniel Dorazio B+: higher age and lower foul, soild player

32. Veneta Dark Stars- gdead PICK: Scot Toscano A: age isn't enough of an issue to drag this solid center down

-- I only did individual grades, and not teams, since I didn't feel liek tracking all the team info.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will take my hits for the fouls - I don't understand why guys with lower ratings don't get knocked because we say they are trainable - Fouls are as trainable as any other attribute - and certainly can be no more draining to a team than any other low category (Defense, Injury, Offense, Shooting).
    I will take my low grades and come back two years from now and see then how Blandon and Tetterton match up [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could be wrong, but in the past it has appeared to me that Foul is a bit more difficult to develop. But that may be my own predjudice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would have to disagree with the rating system used to grade each team. Take a look at my team and you will see that basically I have ALL OLD PLAYERS. On top of that my only 2 Centers on my team ABSOLUTELY BLOW, so I had to take a Center in the first round even though I had 2 players who I would have rather drafted. Not to mention that I took my original first rounder and traded down, yet still got 1 of the 2 Centers I wanted plus got another 4th round pick. To me to get a player my team needs and get another draft pick is a good thing [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 16, 2005 11:21 AM: Message edited by: DaFreak ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

although it was great to see someone take so much time looking over each team and players selected [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 16, 2005 01:36 PM: Message edited by: DaFreak ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems to me that a lot of GMs place less importance on a good foul vital than I do. In my leagues those who dont foul too much do well.

As for PG's I have seen them to well, I have seen them do bad, but you do need a good one to go all the way.

I agree with the SF thing, IMO they are usually over-rated and I think that spending lots on a great SF is a waste of money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

26. Siracusa Smugglers- slacker PICK: Basil Basanta A: I think I am getting close to "officialy" hating Leo... Bad Santa is "pure magic", and was supopsed to be my pick at 36. Evil Tengu would have taken him anyways if Leo hadn't "suggested" Basanta
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">And what makes you think that Leo makes my picks for me - or even makes suggestions. For the record I asked his opinion of Basanta and he told me to take Romelus.

But I do like the nickname - think I will steal that one

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ February 16, 2005 06:23 PM: Message edited by: slackers ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Slacker, Leo had just said he told you to take Bad Santa in Chat. No intention of implying you don't have the capacity to make your own picks.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Besides for Leo - It revolves around Reardon...

lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All I said is that I was talking to Slacker and that he was taking Bad Santa... but yes its all about Reardon, who is doing very nicely thank-you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Grendel, tell me, which coach are you targetting in this league? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bear, and push comes to shove, I am Mr. Moneybags in THIS league. If Reardon had popped up 2 weeks into the season in L36, you might not have landed him.

It's all good though.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12