Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Illegal Player releases suggestion: Have Scott put the players back on the roster that they were illegally dropped from. If one owner is allowed to drop players illegally, then that rule is no longer a rule....if something is not done about it then that says anyone can do the same, which I wouldn't like to see happen...you can forget binding contracts for one or more years....any suggestions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have found out a little more about the Hatters situation and his release of players is a bit more complex than first glance. See League Message Board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been working with Beaverton about Odell and Lundergaard about his 3 players. I've been contacting the owners instead of Scott directly since I wanted to make sure the owners were aware of the rules so they wouldn't just cut the players again.

If they don't contact Scott to have him put the players back, I'll do that.

If the league wants to give Lundergaard a break on this one given his situation, then we need to decide quickly before someone not paying attention bids on his players and compounds the problem. Here is what he poasted to the message board:

Originally posted by Lundergaard on the message board
    Aparantly I was in violation of the League rules when I released three players. I was under the impression that every player not drafted or signed off the free agent list would be reset to a 0 year contract, so it would be legal to release players. When this didn't happen, I released the three players I'd been waiting to release, when the reset would happen. What now?
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">I think we need to maintain the rule. The issue he's concerned about was discussed both here on the board and on the in-game message board. He had ample opportunity to understand what was acceptable for cutting players. Keeping the players won't kill him, and it will preserve the integrity of the base rules of the league.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was my mistake that Odell Chad was not added back to my roster - I sent Scott an email asking him to add Chad Odell back to my roster. I have already cleared a 0 year contract to make room. Sorry wasn't thinking.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've e-mailed Scott, too, about putting the players back on the roster - it won't be a problem, as I wasn't planing to sign anyone anyways.

I will say, though, that it was an honest mistake, as I remember a post from FT around the end of the draft, saying that he'd ask Scott to reset players to 0 year contracts, so they could be released. That was what I was waiting for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fast tracker did put out a message one time saying all free agents and draft picks on the roster would be reset to zero.