Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres my mock draft's first 10 picks. I will try to get to whole first round done.

Pick 1 Vancouver Kings

The don?t desperately need a starter at any position so I would expect them to take the best player available. That would be the 20 year old Sergio Gradwell AA(H) SG. Another option would be to get a prospect for the replacement of PF Defusco, in which case they may go with the highly skilled but some what injury prone PF Jamar Prue.

Pick 2 Hampton Roads Killer Bees

Again a couple of options avairable to the bees. Could pick any position bar C (due to there being no quality C in the draft) and PG (with Derise on the books for another 3 years at 6,000,000). So will probably go with the best player at PF, SF, or SG. Assuming Gradwell goes to Vancouver the Bees will go with monster Jamar Prue

Pick 3 Footscray Warthogs

Really need a PG. And they are in luck because this draft has a couple of great ones, Billie Dols (PG/SF), Bret Caserta (PG), Zackary Nuon (PG/SG) and Christopher Drago (PG/SG) are all legit to five picks.

The Warthogs will probably go for Dols as he is very solid across the board with only a few conditioning issues and should be a starter first season in.

Pick 4 Atlantis Leviathan

Need depth more than anything with a pretty solid starting five. May look to trade this pick for a couple of quality bench players. If they don?t, look for the Leviathan to take either the PG Bret Caserta or the AA(H) project Centre Zackary Arb.

Pick 5 Melbourne Power.

Need a young quality centre badly! However this draft has only the projects of Zackary Arb, Lance Goldtooth at centre. Look for them to draft a multi position tradeable commodity such as Zackary Nuon, Christopher Drago or Ted Oakes

Pick 6 Hayward Lumberjacks

Another team that has a nice starting 5 but really lacks depth and may trade for a couple of players. But if they don?t look for them to take a PG as insurance for the aging Lionel Carozza. Since four teams ahead of them may take PGs as well look for them to get the best one still available.

Pick 7 Windsor Steam Rollers

A couple of different picks are available to the Rollers as they have a few players who are injury prone and commit sloppy fouls. Most likely they will go for swingman Edward Christine for added versatility or continue the trend and go with another foul and injury pron player in Jessie Siddall or Michale Buchenau.

Pick 8 Beaverton Blue Wave

The wave have a young quality starting 5 with the exception of 32 year old Brendan ?Grandpa? Louie. Look for them to take the best PF left in the draft. If Jamar Prue or Jessie Siddall isn?t available look for them to pick up high school big man Ted Oakes or rebounding machine 7 foot PF Johnie Aube .

Pick 9 Townsville Crocodiles

The crocs are old at SG, SF and PG (but with Dentremont waiting in the wings) so a SG or SF looks to be their best pick. They may go with big time SF prospect Margarito Holton or pure shooter but defensive liability SF Ike Pogue.

Pick 10 Ocala Mustangs

Really only in need of a PG right now as most of the other position either have a quality player or a young guy waiting. Unfortunately 5 team may have already taken PGs so this may leave the Mustangs looking at PG Francis Bernhart though his tenacity at the glass may be a liability once he make it to the pros. Otherwise the may take a chance on the best guy left which might be Derick Blomberg though reports on this kid label him as a potential problem as he is reported to have the knees of a 40 year old.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i now have the #2 overall (chicago). care to take a stab at whom i might/should take? i'd be interested in seeing your opinion. also, the #7 pick was traded to another team.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And I have the 9th pick, not the Townsville Crocodilles....But nice read, anyways

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pick 2 Chicago search & destroyers

With this pick acquired from the Bees the s&ds have a couple of options. They are old at PG and PF and aging at SF and C. But they have young guys Leffew (C\PF) and Berka (PG). Though Berka has been benched during the playoffs so he maybe shown the door this off season.

Regardless of what the Chicago team needs if SG Gradwell is still on the table they will take him. If he is gone the s&d are likely to go with either PF Jamar Prue or PG/SF Billie Dols

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pick 7 R*lyeh C*thulu Spawn

Since the Spawn are the number 1 seeds in the South and have a 17 game win streak going is hard to say they are really lacking anywhere. They have a big roster half filled with young guys. They only positions they don?t have legit young players or back ups is PG and SF.

By pick 7 there will probably be at least one of the solid PG left if not the Spawn will probably go for SF Gilberto Notte.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dickyKnee.:
    Pick 2 Chicago search & destroyers

With this pick acquired from the Bees the s&ds have a couple of options. They are old at PG and PF and aging at SF and C. But they have young guys Leffew (C\PF) and Berka (PG). Though Berka has been benched during the playoffs so he maybe shown the door this off season.

Regardless of what the Chicago team needs if SG Gradwell is still on the table they will take him. If he is gone the s&d are likely to go with either PF Jamar Prue or PG/SF Billie Dols
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">28 yr olds at C and SF are aging?? =)
    anyway, i liked Dols all along and am almost positive i would've taken him #1, regardless.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pick 7 R*lyeh C*thulu Spawn

Since the Spawn are the number 1 seeds in the South and have a 17 game win streak going is hard to say they are really lacking anywhere. They have a big roster half filled with young guys. They only positions they don?t have legit young players or back ups is PG and SF.

By pick 7 there will probably be at least one of the solid PG left if not the Spawn will probably go for SF Gilberto Notte.
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Pretty much on the money here. I really really wanted to take on of the top 3-5 PGs at this spot. I expected to be able to get my PG of the future, but when it came down to Hazle and Pulfer, both 22, being what was available we decided to address the future of the SF position, which has been a trouble spot all season, and increaseing the depth by taking 19 year old Ted Oakes who appears to have some of the building blocks to be an outside sniper while playing PF and SF.

Goldtooth was an interesting thought, but his lack of disciplin, and questionable health made management belive it would be too frustrating a job developing him, even if the final awards are as outstanding as the appear as the could be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking at what was left with my pick 9, I decided to take the gamble on Center, Lance Goldtooth. With him only being 18 years old, I will have at least 4-5 season to work on his injury and foul shortcomings, before he could become a starter, as "The Cleaver" have done nicely this season at C, and have many years left in the tank.

If Goldtooth turns out to be even decently trainable, and his foul and injury ratings becomes in the 2-ball-skill, by the time he turns 24, we should have a superstar center for the next 10 years.
    Its a gamble though....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pick 8 Beaverton Blue Wave

The wave have a young quality starting 5 with the exception of 32 year old Brendan ?Grandpa? Louie. Look for them to take the best PF left in the draft. If Jamar Prue or Jessie Siddall isn?t available look for them to pick up high school big man Ted Oakes or rebounding machine 7 foot PF Johnie Aube .
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Goldtooth was extremely enticing, but with a 26 year old center it and a soon to be 33 year old PF - I could not justify it. Besides I have always liked big reboundersa nd Aube should fill that - I had the big men ranked Prue, Oakes, Aube, and Siddall

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Giving the time you are scheduleing for Goldtooth, I think you hit pay dirt big time Graffin. If I didn't already have a talented but project Center, I probably would have grabbed Goldtooth, and then have gotten frustrated with him as I tried to rush him in to start.

[img]smile.gif[/img]