Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I posted that before I realized that we're going to start making money off of revenue tonight. Forget about what I said. If you run out of money it's your own damn fault for spending unwisely. Don't buy and expensive stadium, ads, and contracts if you're going to also be hiring a coach. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what revenue are you making ... without games being played how are you making money

second that would be way to much work for scott ... and without even asking him yet i know his answer will be NADA just from some of the other things i tried asking of him

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nevermind. With all that money in our bank accounts I thought events were going to start running tonight. I want to make some money!

I still would really like my coach before I start drafting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know man i really just dont know why we cant do it on this forum if everone was up for it

i mean if i said i wanted COACH A for 350K and no one else wanted to pay that then i get him

if someone else is willing to pay 750K then I have to ask myself is 800K the way i want to go

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please put this open biding method to vote for the league. It coudl easily be handled here in the forum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We DID start making money last night! I think we should open the bidding for coaches AND start paying them right away. This would prevent guys like FT bidding $350,000 on a coach since he knows he doesn't have to pay him until after the draft. Now I know why he wants to wait to pay! Paying coaches right now will keep costs down, and save us ALL money ini the long run. If you don't want to lose your coach due to insufficient funds, then you better spend wisely.

Of course I would love to bid half a million dollars on a coach and then get to wait until after the draft to pay him. That would be great for my bank account. I also think it is having your cake and eating it, too. I want to get the best coach possible without having to worry about losing him. Waiting to pay him $500,000 will accomplish that.

However, I strongly encourage everyone to consider how much it will cost you in the long run. At the moment, the most I think I would bid on a coach is $200,000. If I know that I don't have to pay for him right now, I'm going to bid AT LEAST $500,000 for one of the best coaches.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing to take into account -- if we start paying for our coaches now, there's an incentive for people who didn't get a good coach or didn't get one at all to delay the draft as much as possible so that the guys who got the good coaches have to dump them before the draft is over.

I think it's just easier to leave the coaches until we're just about to start games, because otherwise the guys who have expensive coaches are going to be getting pretty angry if the draft takes a long time. No sense creating an environment where some people can't just relax and enjoy the draft.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually like Tall Texs idea of opening bids on coaches at the start of Round 4 in the draft. Anything else sounds like too much work for Scott and doing it through this board would only work if we could be sure that every GM was able to check in each day. If someone had to go away for the weekend they could get screwed on their coach of choice. Lets just do it through the game mechanism sometime towards the end of the draft. I realise some people want to get a coach and then build a team around him but that's stil possible, you just need to make doubly sure you get the guy you're targetting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I think we have had a lot of discussion about changing a lot of things. The discussion is good but why not go with the format we have agreed upon and see how well it works before we make more changes.\
    If we go with the existing system with a specific timetable and someone is going out of town, they can still get a bid in on the coach they like.
    Starting half way or 3/4 way through the last round may even work. That way we have coaches in place before free agent bidding.
    It is a long term commitment in this league so someone would have to be very lucky to get a perfect fit for their players and coach any way.
    Unless of course you have a plan for the players and a plan A and B for coaches that would fit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Or their eye on Bear, who any player will fit.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast