Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with Stumps, Let's say Coach X is outbidded on me by Z's 200k salary (which I refuse to pay any coach) - and since there are no time limits. I could "punish" Z by drawing out my picks - you cannot make enough in Merch. contracts to keep your salary up forever.

I will favor, at the earliest, coaches being open to bidding in the final round.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scott probably couldnt do this But maybe he could change the formatting of the coaches page for this league to bid on multiple coaches. Lets say you bid on 3 10 coaches and won the high bid of 3 a message would tell you which 3 you won and you have 24 hours from the time the first day of bidding ended to respond which 1 you wanted or all 3 went back into the pool

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Towwb has offered to be the auctioneer for a multiple sealed bid auction. How it would work:

Towwb would set up a hostboard account called L40Auctioneer.
    By a certain deadline each person submits their bids by PM to L40Auctioneer.
    The bids could be for as many coaches as you wanted to bid on in order of preference. For example:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">code:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><pre>1. Bear, Ralph $450,000
    2. Carrejo, Luther $355,000
    3. Kassner, Fermin $155,000
    and so on.</pre></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Towwb would resolve the bids.
    He would then post the results and open up the L40Auctioneer account for inspection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123