Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The 4 Horsemen 11
    and since im on a rant why are these polls being created by someone other than fasttracker?
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">I got tired of coming here daily to see people trying to debate these 2 issues. So I just went ahead and done it. I guess the way I see it is we are all subscribers, so why shouldn't we all have a say in what happens? Another thing, why should FT be the one who has to put all the work into this?

Originally posted by Xanchi
    This is supposed to be the best GM's league if there is tanking here,then shame on whomever invited/let in the ones who do it.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">I don't know about anyone else, but the draft lottery has nothing to do with tanking. I just see it has something new to add to the game. I am not sure why everyone thinks that the only reason for a lottery is so teams will not tank. I joined this league in hopes that this would be a very unique league unlike any other.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With all due respect to FastTracker and the awesome effort he put into putting this league together, I am sure even he would inform you that anyone can post a vote if they wanted to. He has a lot of teams so I'm sure he wouldn't mind someone else doing the leg work for him. He doesn't seem like an egomaniac that needs to control everything that goes on in the message board like L2's message board. FastTracker is cool like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a. I could only hope for more people to take the lead and help out where ever they thought they could. Starting polls/topics, top ten or whatever ever else as long as its for the good of the league I completely encourage and only hope happens by the GM's of this league.

b. TANKING = DRAFT LOTTERY

Here is my take on these two things being compared and placed together. Many hate the fact teams can tank and receive the #1 pick. The lottery wouldnt make tanking less of a factor but what it does is give that #2, #3 and #4 worse team who maybe didnt tank on purpose a better and actual chance at the #1 pick.

It gives them a sligh hope that maybe since they played the game the correct way without tanking they may still have a chance at that #1 pick.

Again I dont care if teams tank and if someone wants to tank then i say let them but with a lottery you are giving the teams that are actually trying to win but just cant a chance.

c. Two main reasons i asked Scott for this league. To get some of the best and most dedicated GM's in one league together to raise the competition level as a whole AND for something different with things like the rules, contracts, DL stashing and yes a DraftLottery.

The draft lottery was one of my top plans for the league and I can only come out and say this is completely my fault for not trying to bring it up sooner I just didnt think their would be this much backlash at it this early in the game.

Again i take responsibility for this one and only wish i would have brought it up sooner ... If you look at prob the last topic on this forum you will notice is about the LOTTERY but its closed until i had more info.

Guess i got side tracked with trying to start the league and finishing the web page to get back to it in time.

FT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

one thing that comes to mind is the fact that we said at the start that we wouldnt change anything that required a coding change ... this does require a coding change

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The 4 Horsemen 11:
    one thing that comes to mind is the fact that we said at the start that we wouldnt change anything that required a coding change ... this does require a coding change
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Actually it doesn't. Scott won't reprogram anything to do a draft lottery. We would come up with a lottery amongst ourselves and tell Scott the results. Then Scott would manually change the draft order in the game. It's really not any different than him manually placing the players we draft on our teams. Of course this would all depend on Scott being willing to do that, and I haven't heard definitely one way or the other.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just have issues that we are creating continual work for scott, everything else (ie this draft sign ups etc) are a once off, this would be something that has to be done every season ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that of course means that he has to do that EVERY season, also will he be running the program? cause no disrespect but there could be a conflict of interest ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If we had a draft two things would be asked of Scott:

1. That he alone run the program to determine the picks. This would keep anyone else from saying one team cheated to receive a better pick in the draft.

I imagine this would take Scott less than 5 seconds to do.

2. Scott would then have to go in manually and change the draft order however its at most only 16 total he would have to change around.

I imagine this would take Scott an hour or more or less ... i really have no idea.

After that its all on us ... plus since the league agreed upon a seven game series he would have from the first day of playoffs till the final series to at least make the changes ... im sure we could get him to do the order picking by the first game and just post it.

No coding this is all us ... like no DL stashing and guaranteed contracts of 1 year and more