Originally posted by King Z-ster:
You know, CHUMPS, you really do sound like a robot sometimes. Someday you'll realize you're not as smart as you think you are, because someone with as high of an intelligence level you claim to have, you'd see there is profound value in trying to make people like you. You're not a likable person. You're not nice to people.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Z, you are not "people".

After you lose in the first or second round everey season in L2, posts from Stumps become non-existant.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Lie 1.

You never congratulate anyone for beating you.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Lie 2. But of course, as you're only in one of my six leagues, how would you know?

I have never once read a popst from you that said anything good about anyone.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Holy crap, what a ridiculous claim. I've even said good things about you many times. Lie 3.

I admit there is an anti-Z fanclub, but there are quite a few people that like me.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">You see, I'm sure that's true, but there's no evidence of it available to me. I wouldn't claim that "nobody likes you", even though it looks like it might be true, when I don't know what private conversations you have with people. I think it's hilarious that you'd make the same claim (even in a Simgalaxy context) with a similar lack of knowledge about me.

No one makes fun of myself more than me. You, on the other hand, call people "moron" and "idiot" at every availble opportunity.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Actually, only when they're being offensive to me. And the "people" you're referring to is hardly a large group.

There are people like Dodos and your L31 clones that don't mind you. They actually do like the things you say to me.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">They probably take it as a bit of light entertainment, as I do, and as you probably should, just as I do when you have your little rants like the one I'm replying to now.

But that's just it. They like what you post about me, not you for you.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Dude, I wouldn't know whether people like me or not. I have no idea how YOU would know whether they do. They certainly don't know me in real-life, so I'd be surprised if anybody here felt strongly enough to either like or dislike me.

If you told anybody that knows me in real-life that you think I'm a robot with no sense of humour, they'd think you were talking about somebody else. It really worries me that you are taking this all so seriously that you're trying to psychoanalyse me and my relationships on the basis of communication on one online game.

You take this game too seriously. You call your Sydney teams Titletown.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">What's a more appropriate name for a city that has 14 championships?

It is a self-proclaimed title that I have never read anyone else use.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Who else has 14 championships?

Melbourne, on the other hand, is Titletown. Why? Because many people, none of which are Dicky, have referred to it as Titletown.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Such as?

(BTW, I have no problem with Melbourne being considered "Titletown". It certainly is in the L2 context. What I don't understand is why you're making such a big deal about this.)

Dicky has remained humble in his great success in L2. Dicky is humble and likable. Maybe people would like you instead of just tolerate you, and Sydney really would be considered Titletown, if you'd just tone down the Stumps-is-greater-than-thou attitude.
<font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Really Z, thanks for your advice, but it's all just a little too hypocritical for me. I don't need to be told how to be liked by somebody who goes out of his way to be "controversial" and create conflict. I don't need to be told how to be modest by the guy who talks his teams and players up more than anybody in this game (and with less reason to do so). I don't need to be told to tone down a supposed "greater-than-thou" attitude by a guy who's so condescending as to be giving me life advice.

The fact that you've even made this post worries me. It indicates that in fact YOU'RE the one taking all of this a little too seriously. If you think you can make insights into my life on the basis of our little tete-a-tetes on this board, you do need to chill out and just look at it as a bit fun. If it's actually getting to you, then just let me know, and I'll stop provoking these things from my end. I wouldn't want to be causing you real-life bother; I only participate because I assumed you enjoyed it.

<font color="#000002" size="1">[ January 22, 2005 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Stumps ]</font>