Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think gauranteed contracts have ruined pro sports (except the NFL which doesn't have them). i love the fact that simgal doesn't have guaranteed contracts. however, i can see where signing FAs to 10 yr deals to keep them away from other teams would be a problem, so i'd like to see contracts with 3 yrs or less remaining be able to be released.

**if** we were able to see a FAs potential rating (like we can do when scouting other teams), then i'd say a contract with 1 more yr left would be acceptable as far as releasing them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two things on this Sandman ...

1. To see the potential all you would have to do is sign a player to a 0 year deal ... check him out ... release him and then sign him again if you decided he was what you wanted.

Now this takes more time and gets annoying after awhile but if all you are after is Above Average then you got to do what you got to do!

2. Remember every GM here already has 1 or more teams in the Simgalaxy world ... this league is to do something different. Some of the changes I am not to keen for but I want to see how they work out and try something new which is the whole point of this league ... when i want to revert back to normal galaxy mode i can check in on my other five teams ... ... im not saying your point wasnt valid or a good idea just trying to throw it out there again that this league is suppose to be different

FT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Fasttracker:
    this league is suppose to be different

FT
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Then let's go with unlimited trains. You your presidential power to veto.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cant do that ... overall vote goes within the league however I would like more trains also [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why don't we have a -if you release you have to pay him his contract - or at least a portion of the salary that you are releasing

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cause that would require a coding change and therefore isn't an option.

I agree with FT, this is suppose to be a different kind of game/challenge than standard SimGal. The only big differences I see at the moment are Guaranteed Contracts and an initial draft. I would be disappointed to see those change. Salarycap, starting funds, # of trains and all the rest of it I don't overly care about because i don't see them making that much of a difference to gameplay. Just my thoughts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1- different isn't always better. i want this game to be the best it can be and something i want. if there are changes, there should be a reason- to make thing better.

2- i wouldn't mind unlimited trains.

3- the idea of having to pay out (or at least a portion of) a released player's contract isn't a bad idea.

4- if we can see a player's potential when we scout another team, why can't we see a FAs potential?? doesn't make much sense, imo. FAs can't be scouted??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

... paying out a contract wouldnt take game coding but it would take time from Scott ... he would have to manually go in and take the money from the account of that Franchise and i dont think it will happen ... because before you know it every team will want to release one player at a min. and thats 32 different teams to take money from ... we would be causing more work for Scott

... i also do not like the fact we can see potential of other teams players and draft picks but not FA's

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would think the best way to do it is to setup so that when you release someone it takes a certain percentage of the guys remaining contract.

So if you have a 2.5 mil player on a 1 year deal and it's 10% release fee then either you have to pay that 250K as cash. Also make it dependant on number of years remaining. 0 year contracts wouldn't cost you anything but that 10 year deal you want out of will cost you 2.5 mil cash.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is more of a SimGalaxy issue than a Champions League issue. There's nothing Fasttracker can do about it.