Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also like the idea of only 1 & 0 year contracts being able to be released ....

I would hate it to only be 0 year because then when you do sign guys to 0 year contracts you have no way to negotiate with them again to keep them on your team when the new season comes along ... due to the fact you just signed them and also to a 0 year contract they will not negotiate until the new season in which they wont be on your team anymore ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Fasttracker:
    I also like the idea of only 1 & 0 year contracts being able to be released ....

I would hate it to only be 0 year because then when you do sign guys to 0 year contracts you have no way to negotiate with them again to keep them on your team when the new season comes along ... due to the fact you just signed them and also to a 0 year contract they will not negotiate until the new season in which they wont be on your team anymore ...
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Thats exactly what i like about it. It makes you really think about signing a guys for 1 year. Right now (and even more so if heaps of trainers are around) people sign FA for one year to look at their potential. If we only allowed only the 0 year release people would have to risk signing them for 0 and if they were good release them and resign them for more years or risk signing them for the 1 year that they would have to pay for if their didn't like their skills.

dicky

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay i got ya man ... hey it completely changes the game which is always and really all i want to happen

i had put 0 & 1yr but i changed it to only 0year just for the challenge

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to go for the only 0 year also, but then I thought about draft picks. Maybe allow owners to have a "release window" to release unwanted rookies before the first game is played after the draft. Or I wonder if there is a way that Scott can make draft picks sign to a 0 year contract by default, but be open to negotiations? I would just hate to see unwanted rookies using up capspace, when you are trying to resign one of your starters who wants a payraise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

we dont want Scott to have to change any code ...

so it has been mentioned and I think everyone will be for it that all rookies can be released within a 10 day grace period from season start each year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't remember ever releasing a player with more than 0 years left on his contract, but I still hate the no release rule. I'm not going to get into a long explanation as to why I don't like it, I'm just going to say that I think it's an awful idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you can find the time i would love to hear why its a bad idea ... i mean if you truly have a good case against it and it could possible change my mind and others then I would like to hear it because i would hate to vote for something and go forward with an idea if its a bad one and I had the chance to be convinced that it was just that "bad".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when league 25 started scott took all the top 3 players from every team and we held a draft to finalise our teams... any thoughts on doing this again?? it just made it more interesting as you could mould your team in any way you wanted rather than just being given a team and that was it... some teams went for oloder better guys to help in the first year while others went for the players that will help down the line. what do you think??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't like the no release rule either. I would like some kind of Comprimise - like you can release, but you have to payout - unless he is a 0 year player. No release is just not a good bet in my eyes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast