Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *****ie 101 - B-Town 92:
    That's <font size="4">2</font> trophies for King Z-ster. When you only have two teams, it's kind of hard to rack up the trophies. I don't like being ranked near the bottom of the talent level. After all, I do play in L2 in basketball and L1 in football, arguably the toughest leagues in their sport. Also, I have the #1 fame rank in basketball and #2 (sometimes #1) in football. That's gotta count for something.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">I would have thought football trophies would be irrelevant in a basketball champions league. When a football champions league starts up, brag all you want.

In fact, one might wonder why a guy who is barely over .500 career with zero trips to the finals is even in a "Champions" basketball league [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just quietly id like to be in the same division as HornetJohn other than that scott and kingZ come to mind (these are the players i would like to develop strong rivalries against)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I got the invite it was for champions of either basketball or football leagues. If you really want to compare "talent" then rank each GM by the amount of trophies divided by the number of total teams and then divide that by the number of total seasons said GM has had that team. That is half the "talent" rating. The other half would be the average fame rank of all your teams seeing as half of Franchise Basketball is a financial game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]tongue.gif[/img] u are funny dude ... i didnt even try to work out that formula but i think i know whose favor it may go towards, lol

ANYWAYS about who was asked to join the league and what it is to be in it ... please read my post TO CLARIFY

thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I got the invite it was for champions of either basketball or football leagues.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">The fact remains that you are not a Franchise Basketball Champion.

If you really want to compare "talent" then rank each GM by the amount of trophies divided by the number of total teams and then divide that by the number of total seasons said GM has had that team. That is half the "talent" rating.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">Actually, that's illogical because it rewards owners who drop teams which aren't winning titles, which some successful GMs like dicky have done (and I'm not saying that this was done with this in mind or criticising him in any way for it, just pointing out that it creates a flaw in your system). It also doesn't take into account the difference between having a team from the beginning of a league and picking one up midway through a league's life (no prizes for guessing which is easier). Nor does it take into account the difference between picking up a good team and a broken down one.

The other half would be the average fame rank of all your teams seeing as half of Franchise Basketball is a financial game.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">This is among the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Talk about trying to rig something to suit yourself. Franchise Basketball is a game of winning championships, and whether you choose to do that through a high fame or not is a strategic decision.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dont care in the slightest what divisions are called, so I?ll accept whatever others can agree upon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i actually like that Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

which part of what Z said

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mythology

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think we should arrange the league by some kind of "talent" ranking. Just pick some guys you'd like to be in the same division with, and randomize the rest. Simple.

As for the names, how about going with the theme that lost the L1 football theme vote - mythology. Even though it lost in a landslide to Star Wars, I still thought it was a good theme idea.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast