Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

One piece or lab diamond

I've been reading a lot lately about lab-grown diamonds and how they're becoming more popular. I'm curious what people here think about them compared to mined diamonds. Do you think there's a difference in value? Do you think someone would feel the same way about a lab-grown diamond as they would a mined diamond?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: One piece or lab diamond

I think there's definitely a difference in value. Mined diamonds are rare and valuable because they're a natural resource that's difficult to extract. Lab-grown diamonds, on the other hand, can be produced relatively easily in a lab (How to find lab-grown diamonds at best price from manufacturer - Labrilliante). While they may look the same, they just don't have the same history or significance as mined diamonds. And on the other hand mined diamonds often have a negative impact on the environment and can come from conflict zones where people are exploited. Some people may place more value on the fact that a mined diamond is a natural resource that's been around for millions of years. Others may not care as much about the origin and just want a beautiful diamond.
    Last edited by Karl47; March 16th, 2023 at 08:18 AM.