Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 9, Preview (spelled correctly this time!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(And you thought I forgot!)

WEEK 9

1. Anthony vs. Jeri: The biggest game of the week. Anthony -- who has more points than anyone in his division, despite a 3-5 record -- could jump straight to the second-seed with a win over Jeri. Two weeks ago, he was in last place. This is either a testament to the fortitude of the "Cooking with" team, or a sad indictment of division B. Either way, a huge, huge game.

2. Ron vs. Rob: A key game for Ron's team. A win here -- and a Darren loss against the resurgent Megamaniacs -- could once again put this team in playoff position, a spot it last held 6 weeks ago. Up from the depths, and all that. Rob, meanwhile, needs this game to also move up a few spots, although, trailing Anthony by nearly 60 points, it's unlikely he'll get higher than the 4th seed, unless both Anthony and I lose.

3. Darren vs. Megan: A possible preview of the division A playoffs. Will the winner here eventually go on to the championship in December? We'll see.

4. Murray vs. Jon: A week 4 rematch. Last time, Jon won by 40, but the teams have gone in different directions since that game. Murray, stuck in the league's hardest division, needs to finish out the season strong to have a shot at the top two, while Jon ... well. That team's in a rebuilding year.

5. MJ vs. Jose: Staring at 3-6, my team needs to show up big here, while Jose needs to continue to win to hold off Jeri. After dropping his game against Megan last week, the team is a little more vulnerable than they've been in the past. For Jose, the next few weeks could be the "Keep Away" games.

That's it. Because everyone's record in division B is so close, the standings could fluctuate wildly for the next few weeks -- but with only five games left in the regular season, consistency will be key. Meanwhile, for you division A'ers, the next two or three games could mean everything. Good luck.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 01, 2006 06:31 PM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Miscarriage lineup. Damn you all for waiting until Sunday morning to post these things:

QB: SEA (In retrospect, I should have waived this team and kept Atlanta, but whatever. Still, they're playing against Oakland, so we'll see what happens).

RB: NO (the Saints put up 143 yards rushing against the Bucs the last time they played, mostly from Deuce McAllister, so I'm hoping for the same.)

WR: NYG (the Giants haven't had a 200-yard receiving game for three weeks, and I'd love to make a change here. Still, they're playing Houston, so I'm giving them one more chance. My other option is to start Oakland, the team with the worst passing average in the league, so you can perhaps see my problem.)

K: Balt (true story: I had a dream earlier this week that the Ravens got 15 points on field goals, and I think I danced and clapped. So if you were afraid you were becoming obsessed with this stuff, be thankful you aren't dreaming about it.)

TS: St. Louis (remember earlier when Jon kicked himself for not starting Peyton Manning? I'm going to do the same thing. The Rams play the Chiefs here, and I'm hoping for a shootout. Also, the Colts against the Patriots in New England? No thanks.)

TD: Tampa Goddamn Bay (the main reason I've lost so many games this year is because of Atlanta's porous defense. They've given up 92 points in the past three weeks, and now I'm 3-5 as a result. Sit down, the Falcons!)

There you have it. Last week's loss hurt us bad, and now it's time to do some damage control. Aw, yeah!

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Slaycity, NY

A dark [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] looms over the citadel of pain. Sounds of torture echo through its gloomy halls.

In a circular chamber sits the front office of the Slayers.

Defensive Coordinator Manglore: "Buck, we just got a tape from the Rabbit Brains. It reads, watch me."

Buck Troll: "Run it."

We are the Ron! Lower your gatorade cups and surrender your playbook. We will add your roster and feeble points to our own. Your contracts will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Buck Troll: "I friggin refuse to lose to a bot!
    To paraphrase Eric Cartman, When Hitler tried to take over the world, one country just gave up and refused to play. You know what country that was? France. And I'm not a french, surrender-monkey bitch!" Tim Allen said Never give up. Never surrender!

The only way to beat a bot, is to play like one!

You guessed it.

I'm going total default 1st string! FU Ron!

Yo DJ spin that shit!

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...This Just in!

If I had chosen this line up last week, I would have beaten that little snot Lenda. Damn that Monday Night Curse!

[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] QB: Cincinatti Bengals (1st String Default. I still wouldn't pick Jacksonville even vs the Titans anyway)

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] RB: Washington Redskins (1st String Default. The colts dont run anyway and they certainly wont run against a defense that is 3rd vs the run and 23rd vs the pass)

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] WR: Seattle Seahawks (1st String Default. Screw the Jets. I was wrong Seneca, and I can be the bigger man and admit it. I am never picking the Jets again. They are dead to me. That and they are in a BYE)

[img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] Kicking: St. Louis Rams (1st String Default. Now with Lenda goo on the boot)

Okay, here is where the reality check set in.

[img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Total Score: New England Patriots (2nd string! Ben could not even blow out the Oakland Raiders who are arguably the worst team in the league and now they are up against Denver. The Colts don't play defense. This is going to be a shootout.)

And here's where I wept openly...

The Rams (God love em) almost have 2000 yards passing already. Only to be eclipsed by you guessed it Indianapolis. The 2nd and 3rd spot in the league. Who's the #1 you ask? Good old #5, Mr. McNabb. Boy does he need a new team. His talent is wasted, but I digress. Basically I gotta figure out who is gonna buttfuck me more? STL or INDY. We all know KC can't stop the pass for shit. We saw that last week against a rookie QB. We also know Indy just won't stop passing and scoring. So who to pick? KC hahaha or NE. After a quick game of Madden 2007 and some Jack, I decided to go with NE.

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] Total Defense: New England Patroits (2nd String!)

Damn you Ronbot!!!! you are an evil, evil man.. bot.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Coach Slade ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

QB: Colts.
    RB: Pats.
    WR: Bears.
    K: Colts.
    TS: Cowboys.
    TD: Giants.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn hostboard and its restrictions on icons in posts.

Boy did we ever have a hilarious post planned out, with the icons, as we silently stew about Ron and the Eagles.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/pizza.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]
    And END SCENE.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is hysterical. One could probably do a whole miniature play with just these icons (in fact, I'll probably give this a try).

Meanwhile, here's some trash talk from Ron:

Me:
    &gt;&gt; Ron 50, MJ 39: Dammit. Dammit to hell. As expected, the Gross Miscarriage dropped a game they had have last night, losing in a landslide to a man who's barely paying attention. I hate you, Ron.

Ron:
    &gt; Pay attention to what? I don't have time to watch you lose... You should rename your team the Miami Dolphins. That would be be more fitting.

Heh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright, as requested from Mike, a photo slideshow of the Halloween party at 135. I hope you all enjoy. Some very good costumes and as the show goes on, you can see everyone getting looser and.....drunker. Again, enjoy and feel free to comment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/souther...53352968/show/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast