Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You thought last week's games were interesting? Check this out. It's the week 3 preview!

Week 3

1. Jose vs. Jon: The battle of the J's. Jose has been repeatedly hurt by an under-performing Carolina team, while the Jersey Jons have dropped two games mainly because of the Philadelphia Eagles. At 0-2, both teams need a win to stay competitive. A must win for both, frankly.

2. Jeri vs. Ron: This might be something of a bloodletting. Ron's Team is shaping up to be a force in the league, and Jeri's team -- fresh off their first victory in a long time -- might be in trouble. Could David put down Goliath this weekend, or will Ron's Team continue their methodical onslaught?

3. Anthony vs. Darren: Anthony -- currently in a three-way tie for second place in his division -- could stay competitive with a win here, while Darren's team is struggling for the first time in ages. An interesting matchup. Whoda thought Lendonian Supremacy could start out 0-3?

4. Rob vs. Murray: Two 1-1 teams face off, and could be headed in different directions after this game. Whatever happens, get set for lots of trash talk.

5. MJ vs. Megan: The first test for the Gross Miscarriage. They face off against the best team in the league right now, and could lose badly. A loss -- coupled with a Jeri, Anthony and Rob win -- could make the top of Division B a very crowded place indeed.

That's it. Remember, after Tuesday the waiver wire goes up, so this is the last chance to evaluate the crummier players in your teams. If you're on the fence about who should go and who should stay, take a close look at the games this week.

Finally, this from Jon:

> This season is going to be gooooood.

And how.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, keep in mind that some teams have a bye this week, which means you've got to start your backup players if you drafted those teams.

The bye-week teams are: Dallas, Oakland, Kansas City and San Diego. God help those of you who have San Diego.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Miscarriage lineup. It's pretty straightforward this week, so I'll forgo most of the commentary (also because it's late, and I've been up since 5:30 a.m.)

QB: Atlanta
    RB: Pitt (Reggie Bush had 5 yards rushing last week. Against Green Bay.)
    WR: NYG
    K: Balt
    TS: Ind
    TD: TB (an absolute gamble, but one I'm willing to take. At least until I get cold feet Saturday night.)

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Thank god you stole NO RBs from me Mike. Welcome to the NFL Reggie!!

This just in from the Slayers front office...

QBs: CINCI (All day and twice on Sunday!! I fear a bye week for them *cry*)
    RBs: IND (They always run up the damn score, but in the air!!! Rush damn you!)
    WRs: NE (Denver hahaha! Besides Seattle is playing the giants. Screw that.)
    Ks: (I'd pick STL normally, but since Denver seems to be only good at kicking FG's they will get ample opportunity vs. NE)
    TS: NE (they are playing Denver. Nuff said. I hope the score is in the triple digits)
    TD: NE (KC has a bye, but screw them anyway)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Double Js are *this* close to renaming the squad the New Jersey No-hearts, but we're holding off until this weekend's hilarity.

QB: Colts. Please, Mr. Del Rio, tell your D to ease up off him.
    RB: Patriots. Because the Giants scare us.
    WR: Panthers. Please play, Mr. Smith.
    K: Colts. Please be OK, Mr. V.
    TS: Eagles. We know.
    TD: Eagles. Yup.

Philly better play pissed off in San Franciso, because I'll be drinking pissed off in Jersey.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jon - I think your Eagles are pretty much set this weekend. I'm predicting your first win.

Watch your back Anthony, the Supremecy is still aptly named:

QB: Washington (Move the damn ball! You're playing Houston for chrissakes! They're giving up 478 yards a game dammit! I yell because that's what the Redskins respond to.)

RB: Denver (I do little happy dance every time I get to pick them.)

WR: Philly (Jon's not the only one who'll benifit from San Fran's ineptness.)

K: Buffalo

TS: Seattle (The Giants may win, but they won't do it with defense.)

TD: Seattle (Oy. I'm going to get creamed here. My Browns play Baltimore, so I'd get creamed even more there. Oy.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here are my picks for the week...

QB - STL
    RB - ATL
    WR - IND
    K - MIA (I'm not very impressed with the Dolphins kicker, but unfortunately, I have no choice here)
    TS - NYG
    TD - CHI
    Good luck, EmJay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Ok, here are the picks for Cooking With Gas:

QB: New England (no choice here, Cowboys are resting up for next week)

RB: Cincy (I would actually like to have faith in The Edge in Arizona, but they're playing the Rams...and that'll probably be an air battle with the egos of Bulger and Warner at stake. Edgerrin James has just got to prove he's gonna earn that big money he signed for.)

WR: Washington (They're playing the Texans. I would normally take Cincy here, but they're really banged up this week...and will be playing a stout Pittsburgh D. So, that leaves me with the Redskins playing a hapless Texans D that has one CB out and the other questionable. Easy call.)

K: NYG (against Seattle, it could be close...maybe it'll come down to a FG.)

TS: Washington (Denver has screwed me twice, I need faith in them again...and I have less than none when they will be playing the Patriots. Again, as I said earlier, the Redskins will be playing the Texans. Easy call.)

TD: Carolina (My favorite son, my beloved, my one, my only, my Chargers have decided to give the rest of the NFL a break from their dominance for one week. How unselfish. How altruistic. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] Unfortunately, this leaves me with only the Panthers to carry the defensive banner. Kinda like watching Frank Stallone instead of Sly. Give 'em hell boys!!)

Good luck to Darren and the rest of you tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doh!

I totally forgot to give my picks before the games yesterday. I didnt think about until after the Bill's game - my bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering where you went, Murray. I used your lineup from last week instead. It might have ended up working in your favor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast