Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got lucky - that's for sure. Let see if the lucky streak continues when I actually send in my picks.

A win is a win - so I'll enjoy it.

"GO TEAM VENTURE!!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ooooooooooh! We're so TiVoing* "How I Met Your Mother" to see who wins this Monday night joust!

Yay for competition!

*We don't have the TiVo, so we're kind of f*cked. Huh. Alison Hannigan or Mike Vick. Hannigan. Vick. Huh.

PS- We're so over the Eagles D.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Too bad I didn't forget. I would have won with Seattle, & The skins! POS NE

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...and Hannigan wins in a landslide!

I humbly join the 80+ point club, and appologise to Murray for mocking his reference to "It's So Raven." I saw that same headline in the USA Today sports section. Oy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What does "POS NE" stand for? I know NE is New England, but the POS has me stumped. Point of View? Piss on Safeties?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Three weeks of the regular season down, and things are getting interesting.

Very interesting indeed.

Two teams from last year recovered their form, Jeri beat Ron, and Megan and I -- both in first place in our respective divisions -- are tied going into tonight's game. Things are getting more competitive around these parts, so here are the scores!

1. Jose 75, Jon 53: Someone had to win this one. After two straight losses, the Jose Experience bounced back, beating a Jersey Jons team hurt by some poor rushing from the Patriots. Yikes. The Experience was forced to start Miami, their backup running back, who still managed to get 160 yards on the ground. Combine that with some huge numbers for Donovan McNabb and a strong defense from the Colts, and the Experience won easily. A good win for one, a tough loss for another.

2. Jeri 84, Ron 34: Read that one again. In a shocker, GRITS beat the blazes out of Ron's team, beating them in every category. For the first time, Jeri could wind up atop her division if I lose against Megan tonight. Ron -- now 2-1 -- was hurt by some mediocre play from Miami and a bad Pittsburgh defense, and the end was swift and bloody. What else is in store for the upstart team from the South?

3. Darren 81, Anthony 61: To borrow a line from Darren, the Supremacy is apparently still aptly-named. The defending champions pulled themselves out of hole yesterday, beating a Cooking with Gas squad that had been rolling up until last night. Both teams got some points from Washington yesterday, but Seattle's huge win over the Giants helped seal Darren's victory. The Supremacy, like the Experience, avoid an 0-3 start, but still have a ways to go.

4. Murray 66, Rob 48: Despite a crummy game from Minnesota, Team Venture still managed a win here, beating a Slaycity team that lost mainly because of the wobbly-ass Patriots. A strong win from New England would have helped Rob take this game, but that simply didn't happen. Meanwhile, Murray got some solid points from Green Bay and Jacksonville and that, as they say, was that. See what happens when you completely forget about your lineup?

5. MJ 52, Megan 52: Jesus. Depending on how Atlanta does tonight -- and only Atlanta -- one of us will lose the top spot in our division. I need Atlanta to throw throw throw, while Megan needs Atlanta to run run run. Thank God the playoffs are still two months away.

There you have it. I'll be emailing you the cluttered standings in a little bit. Something tells me the playoffs will come down to whoever has the most points, but who knows.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see...where to begin. Firstly, if you feel the need to talk about it, then humbleness shouldn't be mentioned. Secondly, it's still an embarrassing statement from Murray. Thirdly, the USA Today is still an embarrassing paper...there's colorful pie charts to prove it. And finally, Hanigan, huh? Real life is real life, but I want my unrealistic fantasy women to be unrealistically fantastic. I can get plain and mousy down the street. There...I have said my piece, left my $.02, and now will take my leave until my team is embarrassed next week.......again. Until further notice, I think I'm changing my team's name to 'Cooking with Sterno Fuel'. Depending on their results, they can upgrade to Gas again if so deserved. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you really looked at Allison Hannigan? You're missing out on some sweet can Anthony.

POS = Piece of Shit.

-- Slade out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm beginning to agree of your assessment of the Patriots. Sadly, they're part of my team.

Concerning the Hannigan shenanigans, I stand by what I said. In real life, cute, I still say mousy, and from a brief interview I read (to see if I could be swayed) grounded and down to earth. However, I think a fanboy element has entered here for you guys. I'm not arguing with you guys, mind you, I'm just saying she's not 'better than hype'...maybe not even 'hype'. By the way, sorry about this, ladies.

Perhaps for equality sake, Jeri and Megan should now conduct an argument and assessment of the charms of the male version...I'm gonna say... Jake Gyllenhal.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm partial to Megatron, myself, although I think "The Meglomaniacs" is hysterical. And a good name for a punk band.

Whatever works is fine with me. But don't be surprised if one day, someone actually ends up playing against a team called "Meg for Mercy." That makes me giggle.