Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jeri beat Megan. Say what? Scores!

1. Darren 63, Jon 58: A nail-biter, all the way to the end. Darren needed Philly to pass like crazy to win this game -- yet still manage to keep Dallas' offense out of the end zone. And that, folks, is exactly what happened. Two bad, bad interceptions by Drew Bledsoe -- deep in Philly territory, no less -- cost Jon this game, period. A tough loss. Since losing their first two games, Lendonian Supremacy has rung up three straight wins, and seems to have returned to the form that made everyone so angry last year. Drew Bledsoe, meanwhile, will be out of a job by November.

2. Jose 68, Anthony 55: Somehow, bad luck seems to dog Cooking with a Hot Plate, and the result is rarely pretty. In this case, Hot Plate lost despite 40 points from Chicago. Still, poor games by Edgerrin James and the Washington receivers doomed the team. Also a tough loss. For its part, the Jose Experience got great yardage from St. Louis' receivers and San Diego's running backs. The team is still first in its division, and leads Jeri by a comfortable margin. Cooking with a Bunsen Burner will have to pull some magic out of its hat to stay in the hunt, but anything possible. Keep hope alive, Anthony!

3. MJ 51, Rob 45: The Gross Miscarriage avoided its third straight loss, beating a Slaycity team hurt by an anemic Jets receiver group. Oh, that sneaky waiver wire! Like Anthony's team, Rob was also hurt by a Washington group that crawled around on the field yesterday. A measly, 100-yard game from either the Jets or the Redskins would have given Rob the victory in a cakewalk, but sometimes these things don't happen. For its part, the Miscarriage is just happy -- if a little embarassed -- that it could win a game with only 51 friggin points.

4. Jeri 66, Megan 58: Down goes Frazier! In a shocker, the Upstarts beat the Megamaniacs, winning largely on Jacksonville's 41-point mangling of the Jets. Shock and amazement! The Megamaniacs -- who I sort of figured would go undefeated -- were hurt by the Colts, who couldn't seem to pass the ball, and the Giants, who only posted 19 points on Sunday. The loss makes Megan vulnerable in her next game -- against the Jons, no less! -- while Jeri's team continues to solidify itself in her division. Whoda thunk it?

5. Murray 79-or under, Ron 54: This game isn't over yet, pending Baltimore's game against Denver. Still, with a 79-54 lead, Murray would need the Broncos to score 52 points against the Ravens to lose, and that ain't likely to happen. Ron -- who didn't change his lineup from last week -- lost out on some serious points from the Giants, but might not have been able to win anyway. The outcome still depends on a massive collapse from Baltimore, but for now, Team Venture is sitting pretty. Jinx? What jinx? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(And no, Darren, I'm not automatically reverting people back to their starting lineups, although I will substitute for their bye-week teams. The days of the hand-holding are over!)

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2006 02:44 PM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 09, 2006 02:47 PM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't Lie! Jon IS Megan. I bet he wears women's clothes too. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey. Just for the record, I do my own picks. And I'm not exactly proud of the fact that I sit around all week studying football stats like a boy, either! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone remind me to upload a picture of Megan, at some point. I think I have a picture of her, and bunch of other people, playing Vampire in some dive in the city.

Vampire. Such good times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Megan, lots of girls sit around looking at foot...Ok, there's no way I can make that sound believable, but we really appreciate you filling the spot. [img]smile.gif[/img] Unless you keep winning. [img]confused.gif[/img]

And I agree with Mike. Even though the Megamaniacs was the cutest name suggested, the Meglomaniacs would have been the funniest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Team Venture is sitting pretty. Jinx? What jinx?"

/Chokes Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

&gt; And I agree with Mike. Even though the Megamaniacs was the cutest name suggested, the Meglomaniacs would have been the funniest.

Am I the only one who thought that "Megaforce" was simply hysterical? Especially if you Google that movie.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Its Megatastically Megalicious!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vampire. Good times indeed.
    Although, Mike, a picture of me from that night would probably be way too scary. Shows my competitive streak too much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast