Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 12

If you were ever going to win, now would be the time to do that. With the ties eliminated, the race for the playoffs just got a little tighter. Competition is good for the soul!

1. Darren vs. Murray: A very big game here. A win by either team here -- combined with a loss from Ron -- will put one of these teams into second place. For Murray, this could be a huge jump, indeed. Ron's game against Megan will be crucial for these two. One of about three key matchups this week.

2. Megan vs. Ron: A do-or-die game for Megan, and maybe the game of the day. If Megan can take this game, she's assured a spot in the playoffs. Simple as that. A loss, though, could drop her into second-place -- where she'd need to win next week to hold onto the playoffs. If Megan loses *and* Darren wins his game against Murray, though, the Megamaniacs could drop to third place, the lowest they've been all season. If the NFL were creating videos of this year, this would be the tense moment of the season.

3. Jon vs. Jeri: Two teams who've gone in separate directions. This is the game you'd watch while you did your laundry. [img]wink.gif[/img]

4. Jose vs. MJ: One of two must-win games for both teams. A win here, combined with a loss from Anthony, gives both of us a shot at second place, although Jose has a much better chance, based solely on his points. As predicted, much of the playoffs could come down to whichever team has the most points. Neither team can afford a loss here. A do-or-die game for both teams, simply put.

5. Anthony vs. Rob: The game that forced me to create "the Rob Rule." Without it, a victory by Rob makes the rest of the season irrelevant, and half that division would be on vacation. Anthony, like Megan, needs this game to hold onto the playoffs; a solid victory here, and he's likely to stay in second place for the duration. Rob, like Jose and I, needs to win out and hope for a complete Anthony collapse to have a shot at the second place. Up until last night, the Slayers could've jumped straight into the playoffs and doomed us all, which would have been wacky, to say the least.

That's it. Kickoff is tomorrow afternoon, so you know what to do. So much drama!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2006 12:46 PM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, here's Jeri's lineup:

OK,
    Here we go:

QB: SD (yay)
    RB: CARO (I can only hope the home team will do me proud)
    WR: NO (double yay)
    KS: CARO
    TS: CINCI (yay-ish)
    TD: DEN

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

QB: WAS
    RB: DEN
    WR: PHI
    K: MIN
    TS: SEA
    TD: NO

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

QB CIN
    RB WAS
    WR SEA
    K DEN
    TS NE
    TD KC

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2006 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Coach Slade ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Miscarriage lineup.

QB: SEA
    RB: NO
    WR: NYG
    K: BALT
    TS: IND
    TD: TB

And no comments, either. Oh, wait --

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My picks for this weekend:

QB: Dallas (taking on the lowly Bucs, now with less Rice)

RB: Cincinnati (I think they're back on track, plus they're against the Browns this week, so it's symbolic and appropriate)

WR: Cincinnati (ditto)

K: Giants (just because I haven't changed this once and they haven't done me too wrong yet)

TS: Chicago (mostly because I have no other choice...Washington is having problems, lots of 'em)

TD: Carolina (because they are a solid D playing that problematic Washington team I mentioned above)

Good luck to all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

QB-STL
    RB-ATL
    WR-INDY
    K-KC
    TS-NYG
    TD-CHI

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to remind you guys, Jon posted his Week 12 line-up on page 2 of the Week 11 Preview b/c he's in NC this week.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And remember NC is ranked #8 in natural tooth loss in the U.S. : North Carolina: 28.3% So be sure to check first when looking for a date. What state is ranked the 1st you ask? Why West Virginia of course.
    Almost 50% of the state is toothless or damn near. Great place to open up a dentistry or if you have an oral fixation. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He's in North Carolina? I had no idea he was down here, the poor guy. What part of the state?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast