Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEEK 1

1. Ron?s Team vs. Lendonian Supremacy: Fresh off the heels of their surprising championship win, the Supremacy open their title defense against Ron?s Team, a team essentially composed of everyone who?s ever played for the Miami Dolphins ? including Garo Yepremian! The Dolphins had better be damned good this year!

2. The Richburg Show vs. The Jose Experience: After last season?s debacle, the Richburg Show could use an uplift, but they face off against the Jose Experience, which went to the championship game last year. An interesting cross-divisional matchup, not that this really means anything yet.

3. Pete?s Team vs. The Jersey Jons: One of the best teams in the league last year faces off against one of the newer teams, a squad basically put together by computer. This will be fascinating.

4. Jeri?s Team vs. the Slaycity Slayers: The Slayers were right in the playoff race last year, but then wheels came off toward the end of the season. They face off against Jeri?s Team, who could also use an uplift. It?s too early in the season for predictions.

5. Cooking with Gas vs. Gross Miscarriage of Justice: Last year, Cooking lost a crucial game against the Miscarriage, which could have cost them the season. Someone could be looking for payback here. The Miscarriage intends to work Reggie Bush like a cheap horse, and could fall down flat if it doesn't pay off. Yikes.

Two lineup rules:
    1. If you?re going to change your lineup for the week ? in other words, if you?re going to ?start? one of your round two players, because they might have a better game on Sunday -- just reply to this message and post your lineup in the reply, so myself and your opponent can see it. It?s easier for everyone this way.

2. About half of you have teams that were assembled automatically, so when your round-one starters eventually have a bye week, your round-two backup players will automatically be started in their place (so, for example, when the Colts have a bye week, Pete ? who has their receivers ? will automatically have his backup, the Titans, started in their place).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jersey Jons this week vs. the Terminal Lunchboxi.

QBs: Colts
    RBs: Seahawks
    WRs: Panthers
    Ks: Colts
    TS: Eagles
    TD: Eagles.

Good luck and God speed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Miscarriage lineup. Read it and not-weep!

QB: Seattle (something tells me the Seahawks were a fluke last year, but I'm trying to ignore that. Still, they're playing what's left of Detroit, so we'll see what happens.)

RB: Pitt (what, start Reggie Bush in his first game in the league? No thank you.)

WR: NY Giants

K: Balt

TS: Indianapolis (with our slight rule change, this no longer has the impact it had last year, but who cares. Score score score, dammit!)

TD: Tampa Bay

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

QB: Arizona (Last year's top passing game plus the addition of Edgerrin James, and they're playing the worst defense in history! Yay! I'm excited about this!)

RB: Denver (I'm excited about this one too. Watch and see.)

WR: Kansas City (Wha?! Am I crazy? My other pick, Philedelphia, is playing Houston! Remember them? They were almost a team last year. Ahhhh, but whoever plays Houston kicks their ass so quickly that they stop throwing and just run out the clock. I'm crazy like a fox.)

K: Buffalo (Let's continue the tradition of being alergic to the endzone!)

TS: Seattle
    TD: Seattle (If last year is any indicator, they should spank Detroit's so hard they'll get arrested.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

HEY! Looks like a three-team league! Four when Anthony brings it! Hooray for disinterest!

And for the record, I have a weird feeling LaVar Arrington is going to kill him some Peyton Manning on Sunday and I'll be trading for Kerry Collins soon enough.

Oy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bah. The only people with teams playing tonight are you and Mike, who posted, plus Ron (I kind of hoped he'd put his MIA TS against his PIT TD and zero out), Rob, Anthony, Jose, and Pete.

Oh wait, that's almost everyone. Well, you only have to post if you're subbing your second pick in, and I don't see why any of them would in this case. Of course, when they see Mike's email tomorrow for the first time and try to change their Sunday lineup, Mike has a decision to make. I say be lenient. There were only a few hours notice this week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Richburg Show Line Up:

QBs: Denver
    RBs: Jacksonville
    WRs: Arizona
    Ks: Atlanta
    TS: Minnesota
    TD: Jacksonville

Give 'em hell boys!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright, lineup as follows:

QB's: New England (c'mon, they're playing the other Gross Miscarraige, a.k.a. Buffalo Bills)...now division games are usually tight, but this is just not a matchup at all.

RB's: Arizona (c'mon, they're playing the other other Gross Miscarraige, a.k.a. San Fran)

WR's: Washington (playing the porous Vikings D, I'll take my chances)

K's: Pittsburgh ( I think they're gonna struggle to get to the endzone against a decent Miami D, especially with no Big Ben and no Bus)

TS: Denver (I just like em no matter who they're playing, in this case, St. Louis. I like their chances to score here.

TD: Carolina (I also like this D no matter who they're playing, in this case, Atlanta. We shall see here, I think this my riskiest pick.

Good luck to all.