Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny you should ask, Rob. Here's this week's matchup!

1. Darren vs. Jon: An important game for both. Lendonian Supremacy could use a win to strengthen its hold on second-place (second place!), while the Jersey Jons need a win simply to break out of that 1-3 eyesore. The Supremacy is on a two-game win streak and could make some headway, but with a rejuvanted Philly offense -- and a Cowboys team that doesn't seem to suck this year -- the Jons could be on their way back from that five spot.

2. Murray vs. Ron: Also an important game for both. At 2-2, both teams need a win to stay competitive and challenge Darren for second place. Ron's team seemed like it had a death grip on that second seed, but two quick losses have left it rushing to catch up. Also, this was at the point last year when Team Venture -- then known as the Murray Show -- completely fell apart, so hopefully lightning won't strike twice.

3. Jeri vs. Meg: Oy. Speaking of lightning.

4. Anthony vs. Jose: The number-one seed in Division B faces off against the number-five seed, but in that messy division, the two are only separated by one game. Go figure. A win puts Cooking with a Hot Plate back into the hunt, while a Jose Experience win -- combined with a Jeri's team loss -- could help that group hold its number-one spot. A key game for both.

5. MJ vs. Rob: The battle for third place. Exactly seven points separate these two, and a win could be big for both. After two dopey losses, the Miscarriage needs a win -- if only to avoid making fun of itself in recaps and previews -- while the Slayers are trying to build on its solid win from last week. But both teams could have some challenges: the Miscarriage has to start the awful, traitorous 49ers QB again this week, while the Slayers will be out of that vaunted, four-receiver Seattle offense. Parity? We'll see.

That's it. Damn those bye weeks.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm... do I keep Mike guessing as to my game plans and post my line up at the last minute or...

do I post early and give him time to circle the wagons...

Choices are limited because of a few byes, but...

[img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Jackson. Read em and circle!

[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] QB: Jacksonville Jags (It's a bye, but they haven't done too bad. No choice.)

[img]mad.gif[/img] RB: Washington Redskins (only 152 yards last week. Lets cut through that giants defense!! I know Indy won't run the damn ball so F'em!)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] WR: New York Jets (And this is why I selected the Jets. Time to shine baby!)

[img]cool.gif[/img] K: St. Louis Rams (Have never failed me. Keep kicking like you're on broadway)

[img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] TS: Friggin New England Patriots (Lets hope they can keep 38 pts or better. It's Miami they are playing for chrissakes! This SHOULD be a blowout. Besides the alternative is PITT vs SD!!! are you high?!)

[img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] TD: My gut says New England (It's Miami and they can't score even if you spotted them points. KC did me proud last week, but I don't think they will perform quite as well versus 'Zona even with their golden boy rookie, Leinart at starting QB now. I will either pay dearly here or laugh all the way to victory! I still can't get that KC Denver game out of my mind, however they did hold Denver to only field goals. #2 Ranked defense vs the pass... This one might change pre gametime.)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 04, 2006 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Coach Slade ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Dear lord, help me. I've already lost with the lineup I'm forced to put up now. Like a professional, I will show up for this game, though. And so begins my own Bataan death march.

QB: New England (I'll take my chances with them against Miami)

RB: Arizona (can't take Cincy...maybe they'll take pressure off Leinart and actually let James f'n run)

WR: Washington (can't take Cincy again...and since I'm against the Giants, I'm pretty much screwed here)

K: Giants (hey, at least I got a kicker this week, though I think I've only scored 9 points total out of this category....screwed again)

TS: Chicago (I'll probably need them to run up like a 100 points on Buffalo just to keep pace...did I mention that I'm screwed?)

TD: San Diego (ahhh! My beautiful Chargers! They won't let me down. No way. Can't happen. Inconceivable. Not only is it impossible, it just can't happen. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Oh God, I'm screwed!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Rob. And I think I'm going to keep you guessing until the last possible second! Look for my lineup at 12:59 p.m. Sunday! Ha!

(No, seriously. I'll have it up tomorrow.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Miscarriage lineup. I feel your pain, Anthony!

QB: San Fran (the team that betrayed me last week gets another shot. This is what happens when you draft two teams with the same bye week, and have to dump one. Good heavens. The upside is that they're playing Oakland, so maybe this won't destroy me like I think it will.

RB: NO (also troublesome. My other option is to go with Pitt here, but they're playing San Diego -- the second-ranked defense in the league -- and I'm not willing to risk it. Can a mediocre team rack up more yardage against a crummy defense, than a decent team can against a great defense? We'll see.)

WR: NYG (between this and the Colts' TS, I'm hoping for a miracle.)

K: NO

TS: IND

TD: TB (and now I've got to start the crummy defense! Oh, the hilarity! Essentially, I have to hope that New Orleans runs up and down the Bucs like mad this weekend, yet fails to score a single point. Christ. Is it too early to just take the loss and move on? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 5 picks:
    QB-STL
    RB-CHI
    WR-IND
    K-MIA
    TS-NYG
    TD-CHI

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Megan is quite the stealth assassin. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Also, this was at the point last year when Team Venture -- then known as the Murray Show -- completely fell apart, so hopefully lightning won't strike twice."

- Thanks for the Monday night jinx, Mike Lol

QB: Green Bay
    RB: Jacksonville
    WR: Arizona (Dont let me down people)
    Ks: Arizona
    TS: Minnesota
    TD: Ravens!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

QB: Colts.
    RB: Pats.
    WR: Bears.
    K: COWBOYS.
    TS: COWBOYS.
    TD: GIANTS.

I just chose the Cowboys and Giants over the Eagles. I just wrote a whole thing about this, but then I accidentally exed out of my internets because of, well, work stuff.

Suffice it to say Sunday's showdowns sicken my stomach.

The basic theory is the Eagles may not be without Westbrook and Stallworth. The Giants should play pissed. And with all the attention on dumb T.O., Bledsoe and/or Romo and Glenn -- and most importantly the Cowboys' own Double J, will rack up some points.

Either that or Philly actually shows up and wins a game they's asposed ta.

After years of heartache, I'm going with the former.

Yup, sports fans, a diehard PhillyBurb guy raised on PhillySports just picked against his favorite PhillyTeam.

Shoot me now, please, and good luck, Lords of the Supremacy. I lose this week, I'm done.

[img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast