Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you think you won, you probably did. If you think you lost -- well, you know. The Monday night game still needs to be played, but only one matchup is still close, so here are the scores!

1. Ron 50, MJ 39: Dammit. Dammit to hell. As expected, the Gross Miscarriage dropped a game they had have last night, losing in a landslide to a man who's barely paying attention. I hate you, Ron. This is the second week in a row that the Miscarriage has posted 39 points, and something has to change (that something? Atlanta's crummy defense!). Ron, meanwhile, breezed by on San Diego's shootout with the Rams and that was that. The Miscarriage tumbles to an ugly 3-5 record with this loss, which is a place they have never, ever been. Ever. Still, the 39 points wasn't the lowest point total, because

2. Murray 51-plus, Jeri 26: Yikes. In the week's biggest blowout, Team Venture demolished the Upstarts, in a game the Upstarts needed to win in order to take the top of the division. By 8 p.m., I was going to tell Jeri that if Carolina does really well against Dallas, the division is hers, but watching the Panthers get slaughtered last night, I decided against it. Murray still needs points from Minnesota, but this game is already over. It's interesting that, in division A, you can get to .500 and still only be in 4th place. A competitive division, that one.

3. Darren 46-plus, Rob 33: The trash talk might have been the best part (my favorite line was "kicking Lenda in his eye." Heh). Still, for all their talk, the Slaycity Slayers went down hard last night, and have returned to the crowded basement in division B. Darren still needs Minnesota to kick some field goals to round out his points, but he's already got the victory.

4. Megan 79, Jose 27-plus: Is it likely that the Vikings are going to put up 530 yards passing against the Patriots tonight? Probably not. Like CBS News, I'm calling this one early, for the Megamaniacs. After a rocky few weeks, Megan's team has returned to their old form, winning on the strength of Chicago's manhandling of the 49ers. Oy, such a beating. The Jose Experience lost for the first time in a while -- but holds onto their playoff spot because Jeri couldn't beat Murray. Oy, such fortune!

5. Anthony 69, Jon 59-plus: A closer game than you think. With the Monday night game still on the schedule, Jon/Old Man Snap needs the Patriots to rack up a measly 110 yards on the ground to win, but Minnesota has the #2 rushing defense in the NFL, so this could be a nail-biter. Both teams could use the game for some respectability -- but in Anthony's case, he could jump to the third-seed with a victory, based on his points. And then it's anybody's ballgame. Oy, such drama!

That's it. If anyone is going to a Halloween party tonight or tomorrow, make sure to take photos.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You know Mike, instead of having to send us the standings, you should just make it a post on the board and just edit it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Wow. I suck. Thanks, Pats, for kneeling in the fourth quarter and throwing the ball 654 times tonight. Christ.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good game, Jon. I guess it's lucky for me I slept through opening kickoff and didn't get my picks in. A Halloween party to remember for a while (thus causing me to not wake from my torpor until 2:30) [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] and then a nailbiting win. Woohoo, turned out to be a great weekend after all.

3rd place, huh? Not bad. I'm going to set myself up for heartache now and actually start believing I can ride a 2 win streak to a playoff berth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

> You know Mike, instead of having to send us the standings, you should just make it a post on the board and just edit it.

I tried that Rob, but the standings don't format properly once they're actually posted onto the Hostboard. For some reason, the Tab key screws everything up, and it all the numbers look crazy. It's very annoying.

Also, congrats Anthony. You'll have to tell us how that Halloween party went. Darren, were you involved in this wackiness?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol. Minnesota got HOUSED! They managed to score 7 whole points. We Squeaked another win...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two last scores:

Murray 55, Jeri 26

Anthony 69, Jon 68: Jon needed New England to get 110 yards on the ground to win this thing, but, like he said above, Tom Brady went crazy last night (and don't you wish you'd taken New England's receivers right about now?) and the team put up just 85 yards on the ground. Instead of the 11 points he needed, instead Jon got 9, which seems somehow worse. Jesus. Anthony, meanwhile, wins in a squeaker and jumps to third place in division B! Hooray, Minnesota run-defense!

Also, updated standings coming in a few!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/plane.gif[/img]

Too bad they don't have an icon for a plane, flaming and spinning, diving straight into the ground.

We're officially in rebuilding mode in Jersey.

Not only do we have a new team president and owner, but we're also changing our team colors to orange and white and we will have free Hooters wings giveaways during games next year.

We're also going to leave a new team name up to fan vote. So far, we have the following:

A) San Francisco Scarletts (pending league-approved move to the wicky-wicky West Coast.

B) New Jersey No Eagles.

C) Northeast Knuckleheads.

D) the Philly Neverwins.

Marketing is the way to go, people.

[img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Slade, You could have gotten 19 more points by taking NE for TS and TD. Doesn't that feel like a kick in the nuts?

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Wanna know the sad part? I HAD NE WR and I traded them for the Jets WR because they were doing so well in the beginning of the season.

When it rains, it pours.

[img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img]