Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We kind of wish the recaps were written in haikus.

But it's a new week.

Speaking of, since we're playing Darren this week, we have a lengthy injury report of probables and doubtfuls and will have to examine this issue daily before posting our lineup, probably at 12:59 on Sunday.

Point of order, fine sirs (and dames who continue to run the table, somewhat): we assume lineups for week 12 must be posted by 1 p.m. Thanksgiving Day?

Just thinking ahead, is all.

[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup. 12:59 p.m. Thursday is the deadline, Jon. Although since many of us might not be around a computer Thursday afternoon, it probably pays to get the lineup in a little earlier.

(And I've tried like, three times to write the recaps in haikus, but there's too much information that usually goes into them. I tried once for two hours.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woo-boy. If you had either San Diego, Cincinnati or New Orleans on your team, you won. In some cases, you won big. Just three weeks left in the regular season and the race for the last playoff spot has become a crowded one. Anyway, scores!

1. Ron 50, Darren 45: Let's hear it for automation! The Ronbot won a close game over the suddenly shaky Lendonian Supremacy, winning primarily from San Diego's huge win over Cincinnati. When your team scores 49 points against the Bengals, the rest pretty much takes care of itself. With one less loss than Darren, Ron's tie against Rob last week effectively works as a victory for him here, but the playoff race here is still close. The next three weeks could be interesting.

2. Murray 67, Megan 52: Team Venture pulled a shocker over the Megamaniacs, taking the game -- like Ron -- mainly because of San Diego's game on Sunday. When your team racks up 337-yards receiving against the Bengals, winning becomes a lot easier. My haiku was badly inaccurate! Because she's got a lead on the next highest team, though, Megan retains her top spot in the division, but the space up there is getting tight. Murray, meanwhile, needs to close out strong to finish the season.

3. Anthony 95, Jose 58: Holy cow. In a slaughtering, Chance the Gardener's team beat the blazes out of the now completely-computer-generated Jose Experience, winning largely from Cincinnati's massive receiving day from San Diego. It's like when Kasparov beat Deep Blue! The last person to score 95 points was Megan, back in week 2, so this is an accomplishment. The win pushes Anthony straight into the second-seed of the woeful division B, while Jose drops into third. A fascinating turnaround here.

4. Rob 56, Jon 56: Again. The Slayers zeroed out on their total score/total defense, while the Jons -- who were on their way to a victory -- missed the win because the Giants couldn't hold the Bears to under 38 points on Sunday. The ties do little for either team, but in Rob's case it's keeping him just out of the playoffs. You know how NFL players always say that a tie counts as a loss? This is what they mean.

5. Jeri 89, MJ 50: And speaking of losses. The Upstarts dropped 49 points on the Gross Miscarriage of Justice on Sunday, winning largely because New Orleans racked up about 400-yards passing. Oy vey iz mir. Jeri has a three game lead on the next highest team, and could clinch her division with a win next week. And me? My next two games come against division foes -- Rob and Jose -- and with all three of us tied for the same record, anything can happen. Optimism is stupid!

That's it. Oh, I can't wait to see what happens.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this the first time ever that a team has been on a TIE streak?

Oh the humanity. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]