Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With one game left to play this week, here's where we are:

1. Jeri 63, Anthony 57: As expected, this game will go down to the wire. Jeri was saved by a whopping 384 yards receiving from the Saints -- but gave up 24 points from Denver's miserable defense over San Diego. She is barely holding on. Anthony, meanwhile, needs Rex Grossman to stop screwing up and score at least 13 points against the Rams Monday night; anything less, and he's done. A very close one, here.

2. Murray 91, Megan 65: A not very close one here. Jacksonville's 375-yard (!) rushing day againt the Colts might have lifted Murray's team straight into the championship -- a huge irony against a team known partly for its rushing. With the addition of San Diego's 279-yards receiving against Denver, he now leads Megan by a perhaps-insurmountable margin. Meg will need Marc Bulger to rack up at least 520 yards against Chicago -- one of the best defenses in the league -- but somehow fail to score a single point. Can the Rams generate a huge offense but stay out of the end zone? A tall, tall order.

There it is. Drama! Maybe!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck to you, Jeri.

If Murray and I were to actually make it into the championship game, well.....really, who woulda guessed that. What a crazy topsy-turvy season. This'll be one to remember for sure.

Go Rex. Walk without rhythm. Learn to fold space and get us directly to the 1 yard line.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol. i can't believe that my picks managed to score that high - that just crazy.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm confused.

Can we get a final explanation on what happens when a team doesn't post its lineup?

I thought that if one doesn't post his/her lineup, then the lineup from the last post remains. That is, unless there is a bye week involved.

To wit: Murray, posting Murray, played the Cards in weeks 7, 8 and 9. Yet for week 10, when MJ posted lineups, Murray, posted by MJ, had the Chargers for receivers. The Chargers have remained ever since. The difference, this week, is only 5 points, so it may not matter anyway.

I'm confused.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Um. Yeah. And no disrespect to Murray intended in that last post. Nothing but love for Murray in Jersey.

[img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I don't have an answer right now, but I'll look at the lineup sheet and see. I suspect what happened is that the Cardinals had a bye week between weeks 9 and 10, and Murray's team simply defaulted to the Chargers and never went back, but I'll check. Murray, any idea?

A lot of this will be fixed with the new rules for next season, which I'll post after the season.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I'm looking at the lineup sheet for week 10, and Murray's lineup does include San Diego for wide receivers and Atlanta for kicker. Murray had Arizona in both those spots previously, but the Cardinals had a bye that week, so he defaulted to his backup. The week 9 lineup hasn't changed since.

(The same thing happened to Ron, who actually had Tiki Barber as his starter -- but got his RB switched to Oakland in week four, when the Giants had a bye. He also never switched it back. Tiki Barber is going to the Pro Bowl this year.)

Murray, Ron and Jose have all sort of relied on the bye week to arrange their lineups for them. In Ron and Jose's case, it didn't quite pay off.