Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 11

What can I say that will do this week justice? That it was drama-filled? That it was everything it was hyped up to be? That one team, who was terrible last year, scored the most points of any of us all season? That the balance of power in division A might have wobbled yesterday, based on a single game? That things have indeed become interesting, with just two weeks left in the regular season? Probably not. On to the scores!

1. Anthony 66, Megan 49: One of two key games here. After weeks of not-so-passive aggressive anger, Anthony's team has won four of its last five games, and is on an absolute roll. His team won this game on the strength of the always-reliable Tom Brady, as well as Chad Johnson and the rest of the Bengals receivers. Megan, like she mentioned earlier, was utterly betrayed by the person pretending to be Marc Bulger in St. Louis. She needed a monster game from the Giants to have a shot at this victory, but one look at the sad Eli Manning last night spoke volumes. Megan needed this game to ensure a playoff spot; now, she'll have to continue to fight for her top seed, as well as the playoffs in general. Division A has become a rough, rough place.

2. Murray 58, Ron 57: And this might have been the game of the week. The Ronbot had a chance to jump into the number-one seed with a win; a loss would've kept them in their third spot and would've pushed Darren -- who, remember, started out the season terribly -- into second place. And that's exactly what happened. Murray won this game on Jacksonville's dismantling of the Giants -- which is the same reason that Megan lost her game. Way to play spoiler, Richburg! Ron will have to finish strong and hope that either Darren or Megan collapse in the next two weeks. Who woulda thought that a crummy Monday night game could have been so important?

3. Jeri 102, Jose 48: An utter killing. The Upstarts blew the Jose Experience out of the water last weekend, relying primarily on 510 yards receiving from the Saints. The wide receiver category has become the make-or-break unit for most of us this year, and if you can score some points there, the win usually takes care of itself (also, the 242 yards rushing from the Panthers didn't hurt). With this win, Jeri has all but nailed down the top-seed (and the bonus +3 points) in division B; if she loses both her remaining games, she'll probably still retain her spot on points. Still, Anthony only trails by 63 points and could sneak in the top seed with two straight wins and some significant points. Stranger things have happened.

4. Darren 55, Jon 36: Darren needed this win to make a play for second place if Ron lost, and while Murray was able to successfully play spoiler, Jon wasn't. The Jersey Jons have sunken into some deep depths this year, and if you look, you can still see the ripples.

5. Rob 53, MJ 49: Revenge is a dish best served with a four-point win! The Slaycity Slayers avenged their week 5 loss against the Gross Miscarriage last weekend, winning largely on Seattle's wide receivers and the fact that the Colts only put up a godawful 14 points on Sunday. I was hoping you'd throw this game, Rob! The Miscarriage needed a win to challenge for second place in division B, but the loss now makes the playoffs an even longer shot. Essentially, they need to win out, and hope that both Anthony *and* Jose dump their remaining two games. A long shot, indeed.

That's it. Remember, Thursday is a game day as well, so please get those lineups in before 1 p.m. Thursday! Good luck everyone -- and happy birthday, Anthony!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 10:21 AM: Message edited by: mjay ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, I thought you'd like to see the schedule for the next two weeks. The whole thing is posted deep in the Hostboard, but this way you don't have to hunt. Plan accordingly!

The Jackson League (or: "When Robots Attack")

Division A
    1. The Ronbot
    2. Lendonian Supremacy
    3. Team Venture
    4. The Megamaniacs
    5. The Jersey Jons

Division B
    1. Jose Experience
    2. The Upstarts
    3. Cooking with Something
    4. The Slaycity Slayers
    5. A Gross Miscarriage of Justice

WEEK 12
    A2 at A3
    A4 at A1
    A5 at B2
    B1 at B5
    B3 at B4

WEEK 13
    A4 at A2
    A5 at A1
    B2 at B3
    B4 at B1
    B5 at A3

WEEK 14, Playoffs
    1. 1st Place Division A vs. 2nd Place Division A
    2. 1st Place Division B vs. 2nd Place Division B

WEEK 15
    Championship

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rob - You're right about being in the race, but your numbers look a little off. No matter how you slice it, 5-5-2 is a better record than 5-7-0 in any sport, by any rules. You could be in the lead after this week.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Meanwhile at the Slayer's penthouse, coach Slade takes a call...

* Phone rings * [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img]

Special Teams Coach Weasel: "Sir, are you there? Please stop screening!"

Slade: "I thought it was the repoman. What do you wan't?"

Weasel: "We've had the coordinators up all night and they have come up with something. It seems we can still make the playoffs, but we're going to need alot of help."

Slade: "What? You better not be joking about this. You're just trying to get me there to kill me right?"

Weasel: "No sir. Turn on Sportscenter."

*Clicks remote*

Chris Berman: [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] "...And it seems there is quite a battle brewing in Division B. After last weeks colostomy bowl it seems the Slayers are not quite out of the hunt for the Jackobowl trophy and the adolation of millions of catholic school girls. We take you live to Tom Jackson with the breakdown."

Slade Ponders, "Hey, I'm not out of the playoff hunt." [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Week 12

Jon (record not important) plays Jeri (7-4)
    Mike (4-7) plays Jose (4-7)
    Anthony (5-6) plays Me (4-5)

Lets say Jeri wins (doesn't matter), Mike wins (doesn't matter who wins this one actually), and I win.

Division B
    W L T
    1. Jeri 8 4 0
    2. Anthony 5 7 0
    3. Mike 5 7 0
    4. Rob 5 5 2
    5. Jose 4 8 0

Week 13

Jeri vs Anthony
    Rob vs Jose
    Mike vs Murray (record not important)

Jeri has to beat Anthony or he will eliminate me on points with a tie on wins. I obviously have to beat Jose. Mike has to lose to Murray or he will eliminate me on points with a tie on wins.

Division B
    W L T
    1. Jeri 9 4 0
    2. Rob 6 5 2
    3. Anthony 5 8 0
    4. Mike 5 8 0
    5. Jose 4 9 0

or if Jose had won in week 12 vs Mike.

Division B
    W L T
    1. Jeri 8 4 0
    2. Anthony 5 7 0
    3. Jose 5 7 0
    4. Rob 5 5 2
    5. Mike 4 8 0

and the above still plays out...

Jeri vs Anthony
    Rob vs Jose
    Mike vs Murray (record not important)

Then it wont matter if Mike wins (but lets say he does), but I need to win and Anthony needs to lose!

Division B
    W L T
    1. Jeri 9 4 0
    2. Rob 6 5 2
    3. Anthony 5 8 0
    4. Jose 5 8 0
    5. Mike 5 8 0

Chance must lose his next two and I must win my next two, and Mike must lose one game and its playoff bound baby!!!!

So you're telling me there's a chance... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img]

Warm up the escalade, its time to catch me ridin dirrrty! [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]

DUH-DA-DUH. DUH-DA-DUH! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Coach Slade ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Previous post retracted as per Mike's email. Apparently your ties are going straight into your loss column, and Ron's and Jon's are changing to wins. You still have a chance if everything goes right.

And now I need a great deal of help. Instead of 2 wins giving me me the division title, 2 wins now *might* get me in the playoffs. Someone beat Ron please?