Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEEK 2

Here we go, the week 2 preview. Plan accordingly.

1. Jose vs. Ron: A good, solid game here. Ron's team faces off against the Jose Experience, who narrowly lost their game last week. Can the Experience bounce back, or will Ron somehow end up 2-0 in his first friggin' outing in the league?

2. Jeri vs. Darren: At 0-1, both Jeri's team and Lendonian Supremacy could use a victory, as it's usually hard to climb out of the basement once you start falling apart. In either case, someone will lose, and they will be mocked mercilessly.

3. Anthony vs. Murray: Another good game. The Richburg Show also has a chance to go 2-0 here, but they play a Cooking with Gas team that flukishly lost their game last week, so anything could happen. With Arizona's receivers, the Richburg Show -- now known as "Team Venture" -- seems particularly strong this year.

4. Rob vs. Megan: After the Pete Ouster from last week (think of Al Davis firing another head coach, or James Dolan finally getting rid of Isaiah Thomas), Megan takes over for Pete's team, and faces a Slaycity Slayers group that came off of a solid win. This is somewhat like the old, grizzled veteran playing the young, upstart coach, so we'll see what happens. And no, some of you probably don't know who Megan is. You'll have to ask her or someone else.

5. Jackson vs. Jon: Someone will lose, and they will be mocked mercilessly.

That's it. As always, just reply to this with your lineups for the week, and we should be fine. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck to Mr. Jackson. The Double Js are a tad worried that we lost to a computer -- a computer now taken over by this mysterious "Megan" person.

This season rules already.

The Jersey Jons have a new mantra this week. BREAK 60 (POINTS)! CRACK SKULLS!

QB: COLTS. In Peyton we trust. Especially at home. Against the mighty Texans (who could pull an upset, but we're not starting an injured Big Ben against the Jags in J'ville, so there's that).

RB: SEAHAWKS. Would the real Shaun Alexander, minus that Hutchinson tank now residing in Minnesota, please stand up? Good. Now go get you some against the Cardinals. AT HOME. Run like the wind, 37.

WR: COWBOYS. We just threw up in our mouth a little. We hate the T.O. But the T.O. is playing his first game at home and his quarterback is about to get fired. We planned on sitting the Cowboys receivers all year because we hate them. But we're playing Jackson. So there.

K: COLTS. Adam Veniteri is the man. Even if we can't spell his name right. Ever.

TS: EAGLES. And here is why we will probably lose to MJ this week. They hurt the Texans. They have the Giants, who play them some D, at home. And we're torn because we love the Eagles and they're sort of our team. So we shall start them, cautiously. Plus, Pitt has the Jags in J'Ville. Go Birds.

TD: EAGLES. Ah. The Giants gave up only 24 to the Colts on Sunday. At home. The Eagles gave up 10 to the Texans. On the road. If this were in the Meadowlands, Strahan, Arrington and Co. would get the nod. But it's at the Linc, and Jeremiah Trotter will be looking to kill someone. Go Birds.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First off, thanks for letting me play. I promise to try not to say anything dumb about stats that I know nothing about.
    My team this week:
    QB--STL-b/c the other guy's hurt
    RB--ATL
    WR--IND
    K--MIA
    TS--NYG
    TD--CHI
    I don't have as many good reasons for these picks as Mike and Jon seem to have, but I do know that I'd like to see the Giants woop up on the Eagles this week (sorry, Jon). That's it. Good luck, Rob, you sound like you might be quite the contender.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Team Venture's Line Up:

QB: Green Bay
    RB: Jacksonville
    WR: Arizona
    Ks: Arizona
    TS: Minnesota
    TD: That's so Ravens! (Baltimore)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My lineup. Notice, there have been changes:

QB: Atlanta (this is a little of a gamble. My instinct is to go with Seattle here -- especially since they're playing the Cardinals -- but Atlanta did some good things last week, and something tells me Tampa Bay's defense isn't as grand as it used to be. I could regret this, though.)

RB: New Orleans (Reggie Bush, come on down!)

WR: NYG

K: Baltimore

TS: Indianapolis (because they're playing Houston on Sunday! Oh, sweet, happy day!)

TD: Atlanta (this is the category that always stumps me. Always. Will Atlanta dominate against the Bucs, or will the Bucs dominate against Atlanta? Tampa Bay still has Chris Simms as their QB though, so my sense is that the Bucs won't be running up the score any time soon. And while Atlanta might not score either, I think the Falcons have a better chance of putting points on the board. And yes, I've thought about this way too much.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Wow. The trash-talking on here is really heating up. BORING.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck, folks. Anthony, that sheep icon was downright scary.

Darren, I still need your lineup. While you're at it, tell Rob too, would you? (I also need lineups from Ron, Jose and Jeri, but you've got until kickoff Sunday.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Alright, bounce back time. Teams always respond after a loss, let's just hope it's positively for me. So, with no further ado, I present my Week Two picks:

QB: New England Patriots (speaking of bouncing back, Brady had an uncharacteristic bad performance against the Bills....and still won. He'll be out for blood Sunday against a division rival Jets, with a recharged QB of their own.)

RB: Cincinnati (playing the hapless Browns...speaking of hapless Browns, when is Bobby on my schedule. Is that good enough trash talk, Jon?)

WR: Cincinnati (can't wait to see what Chad Johnson has drawn up for a celebration dance this week) Cincinnati is gonna slaughter them like [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sheep.gif[/img]

K: NY Giants (because I want to defeat Murray with points from his favorite team)

TS: Denver (time for the Broncos to start bucking and bouncing back to their usual form)

TD: San Diego (I know it was against the Raiders, but until they prove otherwise, I've got to ride a dominating performance like they put on last week)

Good luck to all

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

QBs: CINCI
    RBs: WASH
    WRs: SEAT
    Ks: STL
    TS: PITT
    TD: NE

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we only have to post our lineup if we're starting any of our second string teams. I didn't last week, but I posted anyway, just for the chatter. Well, here's some more chatter:

QB: Arizona (Arizona has a juggernaught offense and very little D. They're playing Seattle, who has a juggernaught offense and very little D. This shootout of a game plays into my TS and TD below.)

RB: Denver (Both backs on this team will break 1,000 yards this year. This is the next best thing to having Atlanta.)

QB: Philly (Dopey me took KC last week at 176 yards, instead of Philly at 311. I won't make that mistake again.)

K: Buffalo (I love rooting for my home team to f-up near the endzone!)

TS: Seattle (My two teams for this are Seattle and Arizona, and they play each other -- see above. Basically I have to pick the winner here, and I choose Seattle. And no Mike, they were not a fluke last year.)

TD: Cleveland (This is gonna be "teh suck." My other choice is Seattle, and I'm predicting a shootout in that game. I also predict Cinci will slaughter Cleveland, but I have to pick someone, don't I? Start that waiver draft Mike!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast