Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WEEK 7

1. Ron vs. Jon: Who needs this game more? Ron, at 3-3 and a game behind Darren for second place, or Jon, two games away from .500? Who indeed?

2. Megan vs. Murray: After dropping their last two games, Megaforce -- suddenly seeming vulnerable -- needs this win to retain their hold on the top seed in their division. A loss here, combined with a Darren win, puts them in second place, with the sharks. Team Venture, meanwhile, could improve its own standing with a win here. Let the jockeying for playoff positioning begin!

3. Jose vs. Darren: A rematch of last year's championship. Once again, both teams are on a roll. Who needs this more? Jose -- hanging on by one point to the top seed in his division -- or Darren, who could end up the leader his group after struggling for two weeks straight? And how ironic that both teams looked awful in the beginning of the season?

4. Rob vs. Jeri: Jeri needs this win to at least maintain her hold on the second-seed, while Rob -- continuously betrayed by his receivers and an awful, awful Kansas City team -- needs a win to avoid the basement with Anthony. And speaking of which...

5. MJ vs. Anthony: The last time we played, back in in December, I won by something like 60 points, because neither of Anthony's total scores earned more than 3 points that week (last year, we didn't halve TS and TD). My exact line at the time was "The Gross Miscarriage clinches the third seed with this cheapo win, but that's probably not saying much." Let's hope something like this doesn't happen again.

That's it. Does your team have a bye week? Change accordingly!

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lets get this party started!

I'm putting the fix in this week. We need a win if not for a morale booster, but to stay out of the cesspool that Jersey and Cookin w/ Matchsticks is in.

We got some good hopefuls this week. Time to rise from the ashes like the phoenix.

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] QB: Jags (Normally I would go with my main man Palmer, but Jacksonville is playing Houston this week. -- Nuff said.)

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] RB: Skins (My 2 rushing teams are playing each other this week. We all know Indy doesn't run the ball and why should they when they rack up 42 million pts in the air. Hell they don't even play defense. They just outscore the other opponent. They did it last year, and they will do it this year. Although Washington has betrayed me 2 weeks straight after huge rushing yardage prior this one comes down to simple numbers. INDY is ranked 32 in rushing defense. Yes, that's right the worst in the league. My Grandma should be able to rush for 1000 yards against them and she's dead!)

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] WR: Hawks! (Ok, Mike. You win. The vaunted 4 receiver offense is back in play. This was probably my best pick out of the whole damn draft aside from St Louis kicking.) Watch the Jets pass for 400 yds this week. Watch.

[img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Kicking: Mike's Broncos (STL didn't kick once last week!! or I would have tied or beaten Jose if I has selected Seattle's offense. Oh the sharp irony. Instead the "Experience" left my colon a little loose and slightly moist. STL has a bye this week so its the bucking I kicked 4 field goals to win our first game Broncos on deck)

[img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] Team Defense: Pats! (I know I know. The Bills curse, but yeah like I'd pick anyone against San Deigo. You give em hell Marty!)

[img]confused.gif[/img] Total Score : (and now the agony pick. Do I go with Pitt after their impressive 45pts over KC or NE against Buffahole. It's Atlanta. They suck. Go with the Momentum.

And that's why the Steelers are Coach Slade's vermin of the week!.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 18, 2006 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Coach Slade ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

QB: Colts. Throw! Run! Beat 'dem Hogs!

RB: Seattle. At home. Against the Vikings. We like this better than the Pats, away, against the Bills D.

WR: Panthers. Shoot-out with the Bengals? Woot-out for the Double Jz! Throw the damn ball, Jake!

K: Cowboys. Because the Giants won't give up much on Monday. Hopefully.

TS: Eagles. Against Tampa Bay. After stalling in NO. We run the risk of killing ourselves softly every week with this, but we think the Birds will score more than the Boys this week.

TD: Eagles. And we think the Birds will hold the rookie quarterback in Tampa better than Big Blue will hold Drew.

We know. We might lose, again, to a computer this week.

Yay for aloofness!

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A slightly different line up this week. We'll see if it pays off.

QB: Denver
    RB: Jax
    WR: Arizona
    Ks: Arizona
    TS: Minnesota
    TD: Jax

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] QB: WAS (Here's the thing, Oaland is awful, but their yards per game defense is better than Indy's. Unbelievably, I have to go with the team that plays Indy rather than the team that plays Oakland.)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] RB: DEN (A Mike Shanahan team will always run the ball. That's why Denver has 145+ rush yards in every game so far this season. Well ok, the Ravens held them to 115, but the Baltimore D is like a brick wall.)

[img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] WR: PHI (I was left sad by a poor outing last week for McNabb. Of course, that was still 250 yards.)

K: MIN

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] TS: ARI (Hmmm...My beloved Seahawks vs a stingy Minnesota D, or the unpredicable Cardinals vs the awful Raiders. I may get screwed here since Arizona is coming off a huge Monday night high (then low) after killing (then getting killed by) the Bears.)

[img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] TD: SEA (My only bye week team. Seattle will win the game, but it won't be with defense. Possibly, Oy.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it looks like I'm going to get destroyed this week! Both my QBs, the Bears and the Rams, have a bye, so I'm done for.
    Here are the rest of my picks...if it even matters:

RB-ATL
    WR-IND
    K-MIA
    TS-NYG
    TD=DALL

[img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before we get to the Miscarriage stuff, let's have a brief moment of silence for the Megamaniacs this week, shall we?

Unfortunately, both of Megan's QBs have a bye week, and -- like Rob last week -- her total score and total defense play each other and will zero out. If she's lucky, she could break 40 points, but that might not be enough. A shame. I don't know if Meg can get on the bulletin board, so here's her lineup:

QB: the 1921 Buffalo All-Americans
    RB: ATL
    WR: IND
    K: MIA
    TS: NYG
    TD: DALL

The Miscarriage of Justice:

QB: SEA

RB: PITT

WR: NYG (I wanna take OAK here, just because they're playing the Cardinals, but the Raiders are heinous, and so forget it.)

K: the 1921 Buffalo All-Americans (that's right, like Megan and Anthony back in week 4, both players here have bye weeks. Rats. I was fortunate enough to avoid this empty hole in QB's a few weeks ago, but I didn't see this one coming.)

TS: IND

TD: ATL

That's it. In the future, we're probably all going to have to take a closer look at the schedules, just so we can avoid these big holes in key positions. Not having a QB is just madness.

However, if Murray manages to lose, can you imagine the hilarity? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, unless they post otherwise, here are the lineups from The Quiet Ones:

Jose
    QB: PHIL
    RB: SAND
    WR: MINN
    K: HOU
    TS: ARIZ
    TD: WASH

Jeri
    QB: CARO
    RB: CARO
    WR: GB
    K: CARO
    TS: CINCI
    TD: DEN

Ron
    QB: MIA
    RB: OAK
    WR: MIA
    K: TB
    TS: SAND
    TD: MIA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oops! Both Jose and I have Arizona for TS. According to the draft post, we both own them.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Holy Upsets this week Batman!!!!

Anyone watching the KC / SD game??!!