Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Ok, then I would have lost by 6 points then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, that was interesting. Some of you won, some of you lost and Megan was badly betrayed by the Bears. The Couples who Occasionally Fight and then Maybe Get Back Together for a Week or So, Before they Fight Again week is thankfully over, and here are the scores!

1. Jose 66, Rob 47: Remember Rob's profanity-laced lineup last week? Well, that's why. Having essentially the same number for his total score and total defense didn't help the Slayers any, but what really killed them was the meager 175 yards receiving from the Jets (meanwhile, the Seahawks posted 268 yards in the same category, but nevermind). Jose's team did what it does best, and the combination of Donovan McNabb and the Ram's receivers gave them the victory in a cakewalk. Since dropping its first two games, the Experience has been on a roll.

2. Jon 55, Meg 51: Oof. In the closest game all day, the Jersey Jons won a shocker over the Megamaniacs, beating a team who -- like the Bears -- were forecast to win in a landslide. Say what? The Jons took this game on the strength of Pittsburgh's dismantling of the Chiefs, and got good yardage from the Shaun Alexander-less Seahawks. Meanwhile, Megan was killed by a Bears QB who stood around like a statue on Monday. Combine that with a crummy day from her second-string receivers and that was all she, um, wrote. Megan still leads Darren on points, but things are getting cramped in the top of that division. As for the Jons, yay 2-4!

3. Darren 59, Murray 44: Speaking of Darren. Team Venture was hurt by a non-existent Kansas City team, while Lendonian Supremacy rolled for another win. Like Darren said earlier, Murray needed the Cardinals to pass like crazy yesterday, and while they posted 232 yards in the air, it wasn't enough.

4. Jeri 69, MJ 51: The women get their revenge! In a game that will soon cause me much mockery, the Upstarts won handily over the Gross Miscarriage, winning from huge games from the Panthers and Joe Horn. My team never really had a chance, and defeat came before the Sunday night game. Oh, the embarrassing agony. But you wanna talk about agony?

5. Ron 69, Anthony 57: A good game from Ron's team, but Anthony's amazing luck continues. Ron – who never changes his lineup – has been running with the same backup-heavy team for weeks, yet still won from San Diego’s 48-point game over the Niners. Oh my. For its part, Cooking with a Bunsen Burner played a fine game -- they got great points from Dallas and Chad Johnson -- but couldn't get over the hump. Keep hope alive, man!

That’s it. Celebrate if you must!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Week 11 is going to be interesting if this pans out. We're climbing, y'all. Quietly climbing.

Nice game, Megamaniacs. We tip our collective caps to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, who saw that one coming?!? What happened to my Bears...I'm so over Rex Grossman.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoa now. Hey now. What happened to all the trash-talkin', now?

This place is dead anyway... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Trash talk? You want trash talk? Here's an excerpt from an email discussion between me and Jeri yesterday:

>>>>>>From: her
    To: me
    Subject: beating you
    makes me unbelievable happy. yay!

>>>>>>From: me
    To: her
    Subject: RE: beating you
    I figured it would!

>>>>>From: her
    i feel better already. yay! ... (wait a minute) i mean, i know you're having a rough time and seeing you lose, even to me, makes me sad...

>>>>From: me
    Sure, sure. You still trail Jose by a point, so don't get cocky.

>>>>From: her
    jose, who's jose? my only opponent is mike jackson. i want to squash him like a small, hairy rodent.

>>>From: me
    You're one victory and two points away from first place! Aim for the stars, lady!

>> From: her
    stars? stars! i just want to beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson. beat mike jackson.

- This email continued for another six lines, just so you know. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

You seem to have quite an endearing charm, Mike.

Just like when Mike ran D&D. His face was on all the faces of the NPCs. Gotta beat Mike!

On a side related note. I still have no power and the face I envision on National Grid, my power supplier, is Mike Jackson!

2 Truths and a Lie!

-- C.S.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly. Super villians, monsters, conglomerate utility companies, they all have my face! The image of Ultimate Evil looks like me -- but with an evil sneer!

[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

(These icons are so ridiculous.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jeri, I've never met you, but I like you. [img]smile.gif[/img] That was hilarious!