Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have got to be kidding:

5. Megan 65, MJ 64: In the single closest game to date, Megan won an absolute squeaker over me, pulling out a victory in the last 40 seconds of the Falcons game. Oh, the sad humanity. Either of us could have won -- or lost -- depending on whatever Michael Vick did behind the line of scrimmage. Whenever he scrambled, got sacked or stood in the pocket and threw, our scores changed. The matchup was back-and-forth for the whole night, and neither of us had a clear advantage.

Until someone named Justin Griffith ran for a meaningless 12 yards on the last two plays of the game, and that was it.

A good, tight, close game. Megan's team (and someone really needs to come up with a name for this squad now: the Counselors?) retained their hold on first place, while GMJ now has to fight off Jeri's group for first place in Division B. For the second time in two years, Jackson's team lost a heartbreaker by less than 3 points, and people in that locker room are crying. Why would you run the ball when you're down by 20? Why, dear god, why?

(Most of you should have the standings already, and the waiver wire stuff will be posted in about 2 hours, so stay tuned for that.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's amazing how close this was. Mike had Atlanta's QB, and Megan had their RB. With 1:20 left in the game, Atlanta decided to just end the game instead of trying to score (they were down 23-3) so they ran the ball to take time off the clock. If they got 10, 11, or 12 yards, Megan wins, if not she ties with MJ (13 yards or more would give Mike another point, and they'd still tie). It was a 10 yard run. But wait! There's still 20 seconds on the clock, so they run again! If they get 3 or more yards, Mike ties! They got 2.

Oy indeed Mike, oy indeed.

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Megan's Marauders?

Meganmaniacs!

Meg o' Whupass

MegAtron!

Megantown Maulers!

Who's house? Meg's House!

Meg on yer face!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps Deep Blue II: Electric Megaloo.

DEEP MEG

I give my nod to Megatron, a nice nod to the computer that gave birth to her team and the woman that is raising it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks all for the great team name ideas. I almost feel like I should name my team after Atlanta for their play choices last night!

But instead, I think I like The Megamaniacs the best.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The indignities continue for Cooking With Sterno. It appears my team will have no kicker, since they are both taking a vacation this week. [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] Sigh. Do I waste a waiver pick for that? [img]confused.gif[/img] Gotta think more long term than that, I suppose.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I was a Hulkamaniac once.