Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Week 1

With the first week of the regular season down, the top three teams of last year couldn't continue their streak, the Richburg Show pulls itself out of the gutter and Cooking with Gas -- well, you'll see. The first week of the Computer-Generated League is in the books, and here are the scores!

1. Ron 81, Darren 57: A shocker here. Darren -- similar to everyone who drafted the Panthers -- was hurt by a miserable, miserable Seattle team, and suffered dire consequences. Meanwhile Ron's team rode the Giants like a cheap horse and won easily. Also, who knew Miami would rack up 262 yards in the air?

2. Murray 56, Jose 53: A close game here. The Jose Experience was hurt by Carolina, who only scored six points yesterday, and the end came quick. Also, this is the Richburg Show's first win in almost a year! Hooray!

3. Robot team 80, Jon 60: That's right. After a dominating season last year, the Jersey Jons dropped their first game, losing to an entirely automated team that freakishly drafted well last week. This is very much like losing in computer chess. Essentially, the Jons played a fine game -- they would have beaten everyone else, except Ron -- but that rabbit-brain computer is a bitch.

(Note: Because of massive inattentivity, Pete has been replaced. His team will be given over to someone else, who should be announced soon.)

4. Rob 57, Jeri 42: A solid victory by the Slaycity Slayers. Jeri -- like Anthony and Jose -- were hurt by an awful Carolina performance on Sunday, while Rob simply rode Cincinatti and Pittsburgh right into the win column. Also, St. Louis scored 18 points on kicking, which guarantees a win in almost any game. Way to go, no name Rams kicker!

5. Mike 57, Anthony 35: Oh, what can I say. Cooking with Gas was hurt by that crummy Carolina performance, as well as a Broncos team that managed to only score 10 points. Egads, the luck. Still, Anthony's got a good team this year, so hopefully this won't continue.

That's it. The schedule for the next game is on the message board, so plan accordingly. I'll be posting the standings and an example of the points breakdown later in the day. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Also, this is the Richburg Show's first win in almost a year! Hooray!"

I don't think I've every seen my name and "Win" in the same sentence - ever.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats, Murray. And I think "Team Venture" should be your team's new name.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes...yes...yes, you also forgot one of Tom Brady's worst QB performances...and they still won. Anemic running and passing from the Cards and Redskins respectively. Oh yeah, and nary a field goal from the 2nd string Steelers, who could do no wrong. Le sigh. Alright, I'm done complaining now. Congrats, Gross Miscarraige. I'm just going to have to come back harder next time. Woe be unto my next opponent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stupid Carolina Panthers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. 81 points. Congrats Ron! We'll meet again week 10!