Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You think your team is good? You think your squad is competent, and maybe has what it takes? Well, try winning a game with no players. See below. Scores!

1. Ron 74, Jon 51-plus: Jon's final score won't be complete until the end of tonight's game, but with a 23-point lead, this looks like Ron's game to lose. Dallas has to kick 8 field goals for the Jons to win here, and I'm not sure that's been done in the NFL. Still, stranger things have happened. Ron -- who hasn't changed his lineup, not once, not ever -- continues to win by essentially playing his second-string unit, and somehow his luck is holding out. Whoda thought Joey Harrington would put more than 400 yards in the air yesterday? This team might be the second-luckiest team in the league. And I say "second," because...

2. Meg 60, Murray 58: Amazing. Simply amazing. The Megamaniacs -- despite not having any points from a quarterback and no offense -- got just enough from Atlanta on the ground and Indianapolis in the air to win this game. Seriously; one missed field goal from Miami and Meg was finished. This is like winning a baseball game with five players. Team Venture really bears no responsibility for this loss, although Jacksonville probably shouldn't have given up 27 points to Houston. Let the record show that Megan won a game with basically no team.

3. Darren 60, Jose 47: The Experience's first loss in a while. Jose lost primarily because Minnesota couldn't throw the ball worth a damn yesterday, while Darren put up just enough numbers in key categories to take this game in a landslide (fantasy football tip: because we've scaled down the importance of the TS and TD categories, your wide receiver points now mean quite a bit this year). The Supremacy continues to hold their grip on second place, but Jose is still in good shape, because....

4. Rob 44, Jeri 40: Jeri's lost to Rob changes the top of the division B standings not a single bit. The Upstarts needed a win to possibly take the top spot of the division -- but zeroed out on their total score and lost in a squeaker. Finally, some close games! The Slayers, despite an hideous showing on defense from the Steelers, took this win and will jump into third place tonight, if I lose my game against Anthony.

5. Anthony 24, MJ 20: Most of this game still needs to be played tonight, and Anthony needs a solid performance from Drew Bledsoe to hold his lead. As for me, I need the same solid performance from the Giants' receivers, and this game could come down to the wire. But, with two categories to be added to Anthony, and only one to me, this looks like the game that could bring Anthony out of the basement, and Rob into third place. Damn you, Monday night!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(Note: for those of you scoring at home, the Anthony vs. MJ game looks like this:

Anthony
    QB: DALL
    RB: ARIZ - 5 points
    WR: WASH - 23 points
    K: NYG -
    TS: WASH - 11
    TD: SAND - (15)
    Total: 24

MJ
    QB: SEA - 15
    RB: PITT - 6
    WR: NYG
    K: 0
    TS: IND - 18
    TD: ATL - (19)
    Total: 20

Inactive Member SlaycitySlayers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Team Venture just got the gas face!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A safety on Drool Deadslow already in the 1st Q. Doesn't look good for cookin with radioactive sludge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anthony 49, MJ 39: So Drew Bledsoe gets benched and the *backup* Dallas QB racks up 227 yards passing? For heaven's sake. My Giants only put up 189 yards in the air, and there was no way I was going to win with such a paltry number. Congrats, Anthony!

(And here we see the strength of having a wide receiver group on a team with a crummy defense. When they lose, they have to throw to keep up, and that helps anyone who drafts those receivers. This is why Rob got so much mileage from the Cardinals last year.)

Still, the division B standings haven't changed. Jeri's loss, Jose's loss and my loss have kept all three of us in the same spots -- but because I actually scored some points, I still lead Rob by 13. We're number three! We're number three!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Ahhh the Cardinals... 13 pts huh?

Beat Mike Jackson!!! Beat Mike Jackson!!! Beat Mike Jackson!!! Beat Mike Jackson!!! Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!Beat Mike Jackson!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Phases!!! Phases!!!