Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi everybody,

I just bought myself a 'brand new' Terratec EWS 64 XL from Ebay, I've installed it and it works fine, except for the fact there is only a Windows Help file (no PDF :-( ), I already had a Yamaha DB50 XG installed on my Base 1 and Sixpack 5.1, no additional settings were ever needed. So far I've enabled (on the EWS64) the MIDI-2 interface (IRQ7, I/O 340), but I can't get it to play (hear nothing) when I select Midi2 in e.g. DOP or XGedit. Does anybody have a link with some info for a noob?
    By the way, I'm using Windows 2000 Professional SP4, and a Pentium 3 1 GHz, I've downloaded the drivers from ftp.terratec.de, actually I downloaded everything about the EWS series.... And, one other thing, there is no button <setup> in the control panel (and the windows help only talks about Win95)

thanks in advance,

Wiepsel

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 05, 2005 02:25 PM: Message edited by: wiepsel ]</font>

Eduk

Have you checked the CMOS setting in the EWS64P? You say you enabled it; this should be accessible through a button at the bottom of the control panel. Werner's website is very useful for setup information.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I checked those settings, and as far a I can see everything is correct, but there is no 'setup' avaible, in other words, 75% of all the features in de Windows '95/'98 control panel are not visible in the Windows 2000 Terratec Control Panel.
    I will install Win98 (ouch) and try to buy a copy of EWS Promix W2K

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 11, 2005 01:33 PM: Message edited by: wiepsel ]</font>