Thread: EWS mic 2 / mic 8

Luigi

Has anyone bought these audiosystems? What can you do with these audiosystems?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MIC 2 and MIC 8 are interfaces for soundcards with ADAT-interface (e.g. Terratec EWS88 D; RME-cards and other) to connect analog audio devices to soundcards with ADAT-interface.
    Both interfaces offer 8 symmetric analog inputs, 8 analog symmetric outputs, a MIDI-interface (available with EWS88D only) and a wordclock interface.
    The difference between MIC 2 and MIC 8 is the amount of inputs, which can be switched from Line- to Mic-sensivity (MIC 2: only 2 input-channels - MIC 8: all 8 input-channels).

The wordclock-interface is usefull to synchronize any sequencer (like Cubase) to external audio-equipment via wordclock.

Further information you'll find at the homepage of TerreTec. I couldn't test these interfaces myself until now and so I'm not able to give you any further hints.

Regards
    Werner

Luigi

Can they only be used with EWS88 D or also with EWS88 MT?
    What's the difference between the 8 connections of the EWS88 MT and the mic 8 connections.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 28, 2002 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Luigi ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The MIC 8 can only be used with EWS88D.

The difference between the MIC 8 connections and the EWS88MT connections is, that you cannot connect any microphone directly to the EWS88MT.
    To connect any microphone to the EWS88MT you always need an external microphone-preamp.

With the combination EWS88D plus MIC 8 you can directly connect up to 8 microphones for simultaneously recording to your PC.

Regards
    Werner

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: EWS mic 2 / mic 8

The EWS88D does not have multiplug for the MIC2/MIC8 .It has ADAT/SPDIF in/out and double MIDI in/out via special cable The correct PCI card to use for MIC2/8 is the EWS88MT ! I have both these systems and they work fine !!