Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First I tried the thing with XP.After getting the information that no driver support will stay i installed win98 again.But what happenend ?--> no digital control anymore.What have I done.I can't even listen to music anymore. ????
    I can't start any software (edison,control panel etc.) too.I'm despeeated.So plz hlep me.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a problem similar to this when I first installed 98 a while ago. The digital control was having conflicts which caused the computer to crash every time it booted.

I removed the device drivers for EVERYTHING then reinstalled windows 98 on top of the existing 98 and it didn't crash when it got finished reinstalling.

I think I also ran the Ews64cfg and changed nothing, but it seemes to make the EWS happy. biggrin

I hope that helps a little.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had the same problem with xp, so i formated my disk, then I set up original configuration with ewsneu, then I installed win98, then Win XP over it on a different partition. Now everything works fine, I use win98 for music and xp for the rest, xp made bootmanagement itself. I had a little problems with RAID when installing systems but now it works fine smile even with SB Live 5.1 (in XP I have disabled all ews drv).
    Good Luck

------------------