Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi! the ews64xl does work under XP but ASIO won't work, but anyway it never did so that's no real new loss. Maybe if you try original cubase asio drivers in cubase it might work better. Terratec mailed me that they won't support XP but that is what they first said about winME too, but now they do support winME, but who wants to use winME(stay with win98se if you have it!!!). Sometimes gaming will give you crackling noise, restart your pc andf it's ok.
    I think it is a lack of interest and not a technical issue to rewrite the old win2000/nt drivers for XP. You'll have to use the win2000/nt drivers for winXP!!!
    The only thing i wonder is why can't the settings in the control panel not be saved and opened like in thte win98se version of the control panel. and there are more things wich are working under win98se but not under 2000/nt/xp. So if you want full advantage of your ews64xl stay with win98se. We'll i am using xp, except for asio no prblems yet!!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Even in my computer, EWS 64 XL works VERY WELL under Win XP without any trouble of configuration. Terratec ASIO doesn't work BUT if you use Cubase, there are in the ver. 5.1R1 new special ASIO drivers for EWS 64 (all versions), made by Steinberg. Wonderful, isn't it?? About installing EWS mixer, it's sufficient to decompress the install file with Winzip in a temp directory and click Setup. It works well.

------------------