Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EWS 64 Drivers ---- WHEN ????????????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Will we EVER get any new Drivers for the EWS 64 ?????
    God, this is getting redicilous. Almost EXACTLY 1 Year has passed and no new Drivers.
    Sometimes I ask myself why I spent so much money and don't even get proper support. Terratec have mailed me after I sent them a message and told me we'll get new drivers soon. THAT WAS LAST YEAR !!!!

I wish we'd AT LEAST get updated ASIO Drivers. God, all these Promises and nothing happening.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Maybe if we all email them on the same date, it would get their attention and they could give us an official reaction.
    I dont care anymore what reaction, just talk to us!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi there!

New drivers for what? I mean EWS64 has been out for quite some time now and Windows98 support has reached a satisfactory level. What extra characteristics would you want from another version? I think Win NT & 2000 support should be a priority for Terratec now.

Just my $0.02 :-)
    Cya all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the old driver is incomplete,
    bugs on win98(directx),it has need of
    update(vxd2.38)through the
    asio drive(beta),
    terratec with little work
    can make a final version

[This message has been edited by daniele (edited April 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by daniele (edited April 12, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

see, the fact is this :

basically my EWS works fine, BUT I want COMPLETED ASIO drivers (for 98) AND proper Win2K support!!!

Also, if Terratec have NOT decided to continue development for the EWS, then
    WHY THE F*CK don't they announce it officially ?????

that way we wouldn't be waiting and hoping on their promises, which is a joke.
    I mean, look, they don't even have a message board, forum or anything like that. If you go to their Site, you see they've announced
    Soundbanks to be uploaded, what do you get ??
    a few damn links to other Sites, which are 10 times better than the original Terratec Site. I mean, what kind of support is this supposed to be ???
    Do we have to get an EMT 88 just because it's the latest in development ?? And end up in a year with the same SH*T ??? No Drivers ???

Folks, I'm jumping onto a MOTU System. At least I know I get support from those guys.

Also, I agree, we should ALL get together and send a Bulk Mail to Terratec, just for the sake of it !!!
    Anyone interested, email me !!!!!

that's my 2 cents...and I'm pissed

( hope you guys from Terrortec read this )

Shadowfall...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

And i must add that we're still waiting support for bigger sample files: ed!son supports them, but the set manager crashes at upload. (And yes, Ews64 it's too expensive for the lack of support)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Please Davito,
    have you resolved the problem(alaog out) with yours EWS?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Hi guys,
    I have been away for more than a week and what happens? Some of you start tirades about drivers etc. That's what we wanted to avoid on this forum (please read the rules on the Discussion Forum page at www.ews64.com). Of course we respect your frustration about certain things, but I consider these kind of postings counter-productive: this forum is to help each other out with problems, share news and knowledge.
    Do you have problems with your EWS88MT? Go to our page about this card and you will find a link to a fine discussion group with a number of people with high expertise about the MT. You want new drivers for the MT? Go to our Download section. You want new drivers for the EWS64? The latest releases works fine if you have a well tuned system. And use your common sense: do you know any company that still releases new drivers for an almost 3 year old card? You need 'final' Asio drivers? It's common policy (whatever you may think about that) for companies to keep those things in a permanent beta state, to avoid the trouble of having to give support on them. Reality is that the EWS64 is too 'old' to invest in further developement of (asio) drivers. And how come you are so sure that it's not Cubase who is to blame for some problems? Or all kinds of other software your system is stuffed with?
    We are not defending Terratec here, but with some simple reasoning you can understand that they are focussed on their new product line now.
    And as for the support on this card: we know Terratec support (Germany) as very committed. And if you are still not satisfied, you can always contact them again. Above that there are lot's of other places to get support: for more than 2 years now we maintain completely voluntarily the EWS Stress Control Panel (maybe WE should start a tirade about the stinginess of all those users that never made a contribution to support the work: you can count the ones who actually did one the fingers of one hand) smile. And there's the email digest and lots of other good sites about the EWS, made by users who only want to help fellow users.
    Do I already start to irritate you here? Good, then you get the picture how irritating it can be to read the flamings in the email digest and on this forum smile Nag, nag, nag...
    You may start apologizing now smile
    Arnoud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ok, my turn!

True, Terratec haven't support us EWS users too much, after all they have all their other products to support too...
    True, Terratec has promised us quite much features to EWS that haven't come true...

BUT! When new EWS comes out, I'm gonna buy it... after all if nobody buys it or complains about it, there's not gonna be any upgrades, updates, support or anything else to us users, 'cos everybody at TT thinks we are happy at this current situation. I'm not happy, I DO complain to TT about this situation, but I also courage them to try harder. After all, _IF_ nobody's kickin' your ass, do YOU try harder? I'm sure that there's gonna B updates to EWS, sooner or later, if we just keep sending those e-mail to TT.

That's my two cents!

Now let's get busy w. EWS and show TT that this card is useful, let's courage them to keep development for EWS.

Peace! cool

------------------
    .KKu

[This message has been edited by KKu (edited April 19, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

EWS64 a dead Card ? look at Creative Labs, they still release drivers and Proggies even for their old AWE32-Line (just to mention Soundfont-Manager vor Cubase VST)...
    I know a SB is a crappy card when it comes to Audio, but at least you can use it, as it is intended. I would love to see a final Bank-Editor for my so called "High Quality" EWS, as AWE32 has had since the Beginning...

just my 1 ATS ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast