Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

When I increase the buffer size in Cubase 5.0, MIDI gets very unstable. The metronome for example can't even count steady. Doesn't it should be better to increase the size for more stability?! Does somebody experience the same or am I the only one with this idiotic problem?? Another question: what settings for the BIOS (Passive Relaease, Delayed Transaction) are recommended for the EWS64XL?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems to me that you have a general sync problem. I couldn?t solve these problems with my machine by increasing or decreasing the buffer sizes, so I think that the trouble must be caused by something else.
    Afaik, the BIOS settings you refer to don?t affect EWS 64 performance. I think that they?ve got something to do about the AGP bus.

Bye, Philipp

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

On this page you can find more about terms like passive release and delayed transaction: http://www.microstar.ru/russian/technical/tech/pci.htm
    Arnoud

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had terrible midi fluctuation timing with the ASIO drivers, so rang Terratec Germany and the guy said that ASIO was only good for just audio not midi as well. He said that there was a problem with the chip. So I switched back to the MME drivers and have good midi again. Dale

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hi Alex27!
    I recommend that! (i try to sync audio and midi several times!With all cubase versions,1.0 to Atari->3.5. it works(im regeistered user).But (PC.It doesn't, work it.. ever). Buy another "Good audio Card" (like i do AW8)Now i can use EWS64XL as a sampler "with full features" No sync problem a midi/audio, and everythings work as well, (absolytely timing)So i can use EWS64 digital out to AW8 Digital in, "when i wanna use ews"
    So i belive, this sync problem is "PC's FEATURE"'I don't belive anybody if someone told me "Try differnt latency timing or what ever..".I don't belive that "shit" anymore. Card is good and i like that, but is not working.("ASIO" HEH"!?) Athlon850Mzh.HDDMA100. 380Mz.....Ex

Tere Hatsa