Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I bought one to run my microwavePC - it lasted a day, and not heard of peep out of my microwave PC since rebooting it. So what the heck, I'll put it back on my ews64 in another PC and drive it from the 6fire's own front panel's MIDI out - and it's virtually unplayable, it crackles all the time ( tho it's fine driven from the MPU401 port on the PC itself and the Creamware Pulsar MIDI out )
    I'm using a P4, Asus m/b, driver build 123. Anybody else got it working before I send it back? [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since last week I have a DMX6fire, but I don't use it with the MWPC. I need the frontpanel for audiorecording stuff.
    But apart from your problem: this card works really great! Simple user interface, so easy to understand. I can really recommend it to anyone who doesn't need sampling features like the EWS64 has.
    Maybe you should try/check the following things:
    - insert card in another PCI slot
    - check if all the latest drivers are installed.

Maybe it's also helpfull to other users if you tell what kind of operating system you're using. I myself use it on Windows XP Pro.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I tried it on two PC's - a Windows '98 machine and a Windows Me system - no joy from the microwavePC on either system, tho I have no problem driving it with the ews64.

I agree with you regarding it's audio capabilities - a superb card, nice front panel.

Have you tried using it's MIDI out tho at the same time as it's Digital In? Does it behave? Mind you, different O/S - under XP it just might...

I need to hear from someone else who's got a microwavePC really... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I understand you have the full version of the DMX, with the frontpanel. I think you should contact Terratec, because there could be a driver issue here. They released the lite version for use with the MWPC (so without frontpanel) and I remember something vaguely about drivers for the full version/MWPC combination being not ready yet. But that was some months ago, so maybe this problem is solved by now. Anyway: ask them about it. And do NOT connect the frontpanel and the MWPC at the same time!!! This can damage the card.

Apart from this: if your computer configuration allows it, I should upgrade to Windows XP or 2k if I were you. Much more stable than ME or 98.