Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Is there an legal way to use EWS64 XL under Linux?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

The latest information I have received on this topic you can find in the ScrewDrivers section of the Stress Control Panel (page: Foreign Languages). I think a 'full' support of the EWS is a dream, as the information about programming the Dream chip is not public. But I'm not an expert on this, so other users might know more about this topic.
    Arnoud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: EWS64 XL & Linux

Hi, can you tell me how you can manage a process if you don't know its name completely. Is it possible to find it by a piece of name and e.g. kill the process or give it a priority.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking about processes in linux. Can anyone tell me where to read more about all this. I haven't worked in linux at all before. Only windows and macos. And I haven't worked with the terminal in linux.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: EWS64 XL & Linux

There is a dedicated search command to find the running process, but you have to know at least part of its name. You have to type ps ax | grep 'search for the process by a chunk of the name' in the terminal. And after that, you will see the process number, and then you can use the killall command (PID NAME). Here is a detailed article about how to check running processes in Linux https://www.hostforweb.com/article/how-check-running-processes-linux There are also commands to kill the processor to give it a top priority.