Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Hi folks,

I've been an EWS64XL user for over a year and a half now, so I'm pretty used to funny behaviour from the card.
    Recently my card which has been running fine on my AMD K6 based system has started crashing Win95 at startup with a white screen message "Program Error. Invalid link call to a .dll" for no apparent reason.
    This problem has persisted after reinstallation, even after a clean install under Win95. I thought it might be the card being faulty, but it installs and works fine on another PII machine I've tried it on.
    I even managed to get it working after many tries, but the problem came back as soon as I installed Cakewalk9.This time the problem was an invalid page fault in "vwstream.dll" I found that as soon as this started to happen, I began to experience Direct X problems in Cubase and Recycle as well.I was unable to do any Direct X configurations for Cubase and Recycle would not boot, with an error message referring to ddhelp.exe

Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi,
    I don't have a direct answer to this problem, but maybe a few hints:
    - I know Steinberg 'tune' their products to Intel processors, so maybe AMD can cause problems with newer software releases.
    - Why don't you upgrade to Win98 SE? You do not mention which Win95 release you are using. If it's still the first, I should definitely upgrade.
    - Which DirectX version are you using? Some users report problems with DirectX 7. But I think you should at least use DirectX 6.
    - Have you been installing games after the Win installation (sometimes they overwrite -not always, if properly programmed- a newer DirectX version with an older one.
    - Is your internal memory 100% ok? Also the simm on the EWS?
    I hope their are other users that have an AMD + EWS and share their experiences.
    Good luck,
    Arnoud.

Inactive Member Murali Shanmugan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Arnoud,

Thanx very much for your advice.Really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
    What has happened since my last post is that I've reformatted my drive for the third time and for some inane reason, the EWS64XL installed without conflicts or errors.
    Tech support at Terratec suggested that it might be IRQ9 but that wasn't the problem as the card installed on IRQ5 all the time without any interference on my part.
    By the way, I'm using Win95 OSR2, Directx6 and DX media(is this the same as Windows media?Direct Music?) installed.I do not play any games on my machine, it's used strictly for music.
    I'm upgrading to WIN98 soon. What's the difference with WIN98 SE?
    I've checked the SIMM on the card and that was part of the very first troubles with the card(Error message:"Memory size of 0 bytes detected")However that problem has since been solved.
    At present I've managed to get the card running and it's been working fine with both Cubase, ACID Sound Forge and Cake9. The only thing I'm having problems with is Mixman Studio Pro V3.There's no audio output when the Codec driver is activated.When I try to switch to a wave driver, all I get is a garbled mess.
    All this has to be done from Control Panel -->Multimedia as Mixman refers to this for it's output.I've also checked "Use preferred devices only", still with the same results.

Sounds silly but I wonder if it's a mixer setting that I've missed out somewhere.....(I'm using OUT2)

Also there's still the possibility of RAM troubles, or maybe a faulty motherboard?

Senior Hostboard Member dertaika's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Program Error in EWS64XL install

Hello, I also encountered difficulties installing games on XP SP3. In the first case, updating a newer version of DirectX to an older one helped me. On subsequent launches of the game, I had an error in the .dll file that I simply did not know how to deal with.

P.S. Recently I tried to download MSVCP140.dll and It works for me, if you have a similar problem you can just click here and try to fix the error, hope it'll work for you.

Junior Hostboard Member Charley7's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What to do if the error msvcp140 pops up? What advice do you have on this matter. Perhaps someone can explain in detail to me.

Junior Hostboard Member kevin51's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, let's start from the beginning msvcp140.dll is a library that is included with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. It is the components of this visual studio that run some programs on your computer. When we install programs or games that require the presence of Visual C ++ components (including the msvcp140.dll file) - they are installed automatically in the system, but it does not always work, therefore, on https://remotdesktop.com/how-to-fix -msvcp140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows-11-pc/ there are several ways to solve the installation problem.